National Farm Machinery Show

/ National Farm Machinery Show #1  

Soggy Bottom Outdoors

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 john deere 5075E and others
Any of ya'll plan on attending the National Farm Machinery Show? Any day in particular? Any equipment you plan on taking a second look at? I plan on going Friday, Feb 13 with my Dad and brother. I'm in the market for a rotary mower and maybe a canopy for my Deere.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #2  
Great show to go to.Very crowded though.We plan on going to it the second day.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #3  
Any of ya'll plan on attending the National Farm Machinery Show? Any day in particular? Any equipment you plan on taking a second look at? I plan on going Friday, Feb 13 with my Dad and brother. I'm in the market for a rotary mower and maybe a canopy for my Deere.

Not to that one, but maybe to the BIGGGG ag expo in Tulare in early Feb.

International Agri-Center / Tulare, CA

/ National Farm Machinery Show #4  
I'm going. I went last year as well - first year that I owned a tractor! LOL! I'll probably go during one of the week days as it should be a bit less crowded than on the weekend.

Not in the market for anything in particular, I just like looking at all of the equipment. Fortunately for me, it's only about a 2 hour drive to Louisville.

A couple of things that I'll do differently this year is:
1) Get there a bit earlier. I arrived last year around 11:00 a.m. and wanted to leave around 5:00 or so. That just wasn't enough time to see everything. I just need to time my departure from home and the show to avoid the rush hour traffic through Cincinnati.
2) Bring a backpack to carry a bottle of water and also to put literature and purchases in. Last year I picked up a couple of "shopping bags" from the vendors, but it gets pretty heavy lugging those around.

Does anyone watch the tractor pulls while they're there? I'll bet it's REALLY loud in that arena!!

/ National Farm Machinery Show #5  

Yep I'm going. Go almost every year. Better to go during the week since it's less crowded. But I like Sat because you can usually enjoy some of the tractor pull action like the pit area in Broadbent arena in the morning. Lots of money in there!

It's a great show. One of the largest if not the largest in the country. I'm planning to check out the new Kubota lineup.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #6  
Thanks for the reminder.

Last year, my new-at-the time friend wanted to tag along because she was always up for something different. After about 3 hours, she was up for something ELSE different so I need to go back this year and see the rest of it.

If any TBN sponsors are showing, they should announce it here. One year I stumbled across the Pat's Easy Hitch booth and had a nice chat with someone there about all the different styles of quick attachment hardware on the market.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #7  
It's about 8 hours away for me driving, or about 2-3 hours by air. I would love to go when my daughter is a little older, as she is nuts about tractors and farm machinery. Anybody have an idea how kid-friendly the show floor is? (Doesn't need to be a playground, just civilized). I remember going to industrial shows with my dad from about age 6 onward, and those were probably nowhere near as interesting to a kid as a farm machinery show would be. But I got some awesome samples and other doodads every year, and thought it was really cool.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #8  
It's about 8 hours away for me driving, or about 2-3 hours by air. I would love to go when my daughter is a little older, as she is nuts about tractors and farm machinery. Anybody have an idea how kid-friendly the show floor is? (Doesn't need to be a playground, just civilized). I remember going to industrial shows with my dad from about age 6 onward, and those were probably nowhere near as interesting to a kid as a farm machinery show would be. But I got some awesome samples and other doodads every year, and thought it was really cool.

The kiddies can climb all over everything including on top of the combines. They have fun!

/ National Farm Machinery Show #9  
The kiddies can climb all over everything including on top of the combines. They have fun!

Yup - kids of ALL AGES do that!! :)

Just be aware that it's a LOT of walking!! I was beat when I left. I don't know how a younger kid would hold up. I don't remember how many buildings there are all together, but I think it's 5 or 6. There's probably a map of the facility on the web site for the show.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #10  
Yup - kids of ALL AGES do that!! :) Just be aware that it's a LOT of walking!! I was beat when I left. I don't know how a younger kid would hold up. I don't remember how many buildings there are all together, but I think it's 5 or 6. There's probably a map of the facility on the web site for the show.

May not get to got his year as I have birds. Went last year always have fun. It's all connected but different wings and halls. Website says 1.2 million square feet. Here's a link.
National Farm Machinery Show