National Farm Machinery Show

/ National Farm Machinery Show #1  

tomnky

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
National Farm Machinery Show

How many fellow Kubota Owners are going to the National Farm Machiney Show in Louisville,Ky?

My CFO has suggested I make a one day trip there and was just wondering who might be there. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ National Farm Machinery Show #2  
Re: National Farm Machinery Show

WISH I COULD,BUT TO FAR FOR ME.FOR PEOPLE IN PA WE GO TO THE PA FARM SHOW IN HARRISBURG.YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME & TAKE PHOTOS & POST THEM ON TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ National Farm Machinery Show

Thanks Rich, I just ordered a TBN cap for the trip.

Intending on buying a sprayer for My BX2200 and thought this would be the best time to look at them firsthand, Not to mention I might run across a deal on one.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #4  

I plan to go on Thurs, and possibly one other day. I will try to meet up with Indydirtfarmer and others if possible. If you'll be there thurs. i can P/M you my cell # and maybe we can run into each other also. I think it would be neat to meet some of the gang.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #5  

I have been a couple times and also a couple times to the state fair there. I have done looked ahead and can't get off work to go this year. I love to go, but it can get crowded and a lot of the machinery is just to big for me. I looked at their Kubota tractors there a couple years ago and that helped make my decision on buying a M6800.

/ National Farm Machinery Show

I am going to go or at least pretty sure I am but haven't decided which day as of yet.

Wondering what day would be the best in case one wanted to buy a display model. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ National Farm Machinery Show #7  

I'm taking a vacation day on Friday to go to the show. I even talked the wife into going this year. Should be fun.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #8  

Seeing as:

1. I live in Louisville about 10 minutes away from the Fair Grounds, and,

2. My wife sees going as a treat, and,

3. I am looking for a FEL for my Kubota,

yes, we'll be there.

Last time we went we ended up with a new tractor.

-Jeremy L., Louisville, KY

/ National Farm Machinery Show #9  

It's pretty local for me too, as I pass the Fair and Expo gates on my way to work everyday, which is about three minutes away.

So lucky me is planning some long lunch breaks to take it in. I'll try to take a camera. Anyone know if you are allowed to shoot photos or if that is discouraged. I'm mostly interested in implements. Hope they have some for the smaller utility tractors.

Speaking of cameras at the Tractor show. I had a Kubota dealer tell me once that a few years back a bunch of Kioti guys crawled all over their tractors at this show taking photos of the Kubotas and the 'bota folks got mad about it. This was the same guy who told me that Kioti was trying to mimic Kubotas, stating that theye were trying to ripoff Kubotas image and product design). I didn't buy from him, as he was one of the less pleasant tractor salesmen I dealt with. Heck, if the Kioti guy had the CK30 on his lot I might have bought one. I'd love to be able to work one beside my L3130 and see how much difference there is in their performance, if any.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #10  

I made it to the show and was amazed at both number of people and stuff on display. It appeared that half the farmers in the USA were there. I finally got to look over a bunch of tractor brands I had heard about but never seen. So many that I started jotting them down.

Landini
Valtra
Tafe
Same
Zetor
Mahindra
Deutz (which I thought was a defunct brand)
A couple of others, but my list is in a different coat pocket than I wore today.

Some of these brands were actively soliciting dealerships. Interesting to compare all these side by side, as design features and differences become much more noticeable. Flat, step-through floors versus the traditional transmission housing, controls located all over the place, paint and finish on the exposed metal. Also, the variety of implements was pretty astounding, with noticeable quality variations there as well. I wish that I had attended before I did all those months and months of shopping.

While much of the machinery was big farm stuff (and lots of very high-tech ag services), they had plenty of CUTs and even zero turn mowers and such. Alas, I forgot to bring my camera.