Need a jackshaft for batwing

/ Need a jackshaft for batwing #1  

AllDodge

Platinum Member
Tractor
Terramite T5C, Kubota M9540HDC24, F3990, RTV1100, Cat 416C, D3B, 955L
Woods 9180RD-2

Bought the woods carrier bearing and front section of the plastic guard. The bearing was froze solid and hasn't turned in some time. Pressed it out after removing the snap ring and installed, pressed in new.

The jackshaft has been wearing on the bearing a long time and needs to be replaced, has worn into the shaft maybe 1/4 inch all around

The stub end is 1 3/8 x 26.4 long. The whole unit is about 30 inch maybe an inch or so longer. Has Walterscheild 6 spline. Female quick Coupling and U joint on one side and male end quick couple on the other.

Woods wants $540 just for the stub end PN 44678

How do ya find after market?

/ Need a jackshaft for batwing #2  
Back in 08, we had similar problem. U-joint went out on our 20' bush hog. Was able to buy complete drive shaft with 2 u-joints for less than half what my dealer wanted for the u-joint.

May have changed since then, but search for The Power connection, or GenPower brushless generators or tpcgenerators.com. They were a supplier of generators for chicken farms, ETC. in VA.

/ Need a jackshaft for batwing #3  
Surplus Center may have something like that (look under power transmission)

Aaron Z

/ Need a jackshaft for batwing
Thanks, will keep looking

/ Need a jackshaft for batwing #5  
I second the entire assembly. Sadly it's a nightmare finding individual parts. I had two wing shafts rebuilt at a landpride dealer, not again.
This stuff is expensive regardless.

/ Need a jackshaft for batwing
To close this one out,
Took the shaft and bearing to Froedge in Tompkinsville the other day. The bearing I had in it was 1.5 ID and they said it should be 1 3/8. Said I'm good with that, and left it asking they fix it. Got it back the next day

$95 for labor (weld area up then cut in down to size)
$22 for sealed bearing

All good and great work