Need advise on starting a allmand brothers 425 tlb

/ Need advise on starting a allmand brothers 425 tlb #1  

Andrewnyc

Tractor
Allmand brothers 425
Hello,

I need to start up an allmand brothers tlb425 that has been sitting for about 10 years. It has a kubota d1105 3 cylinder.

I cleaned out the diesel tank, cleaned the lines out, changed the prefilter, and cartridge filter for the fuel, put in a new fuel pickup. pumped fuel through the hoses up to the fuel pump to verify clean and dry. There was no residual fuel in the hoses near the injector pump. I know I have to bleed the injector pump of air, and I’m going to verify the fuel cutoff solenoid works, but I also have the stop lever. The throttle and stop lever move freely.

changed the oil, no water or contaminants visible, verified the neutral position for the hydrostatic drive, freed up the throttle cable. Changed the battery cables.

cleaned and verified the indicator lights- just oil pressure and battery. Verified continuity in the glow plug on indicator light.
Changed the starter years ago after a storm flooded the bottom foot or so of the machine for a little while.

I plan on lifting the rear wheels off the ground to start to prevent unintended movement Of the machine because the drive pedal damper is worn but still holds neutral. I can also chock the pedal into the neutral position but figured that might not be real neutral, just switch neutral. I don’t know.

I have not looked up the battery yet to verify the electrical system function
So the question is- what else do I have to do before I start this up?
thanks,
Andrew

/ Need advise on starting a allmand brothers 425 tlb #2  
Do you listen to the Allman Brothers while working on the Allmand Brothers?
I think that would be fun.

/ Need advise on starting a allmand brothers 425 tlb #3  
Have you tried just turning over the motor, even by hand to make sure the cylinders aren't frozen?

/ Need advise on starting a allmand brothers 425 tlb #4  
Have you tried just turning over the motor, even by hand to make sure the cylinders aren't frozen?

Maybe watch valve movement too. Or he can bread a few lands or bend a valve.

/ Need advise on starting a allmand brothers 425 tlb
tried Turning it with gas pump disconnected. connected the fuel pump, bled it and it started right up. no smoke

/ Need advise on starting a allmand brothers 425 tlb #6  
Good to hear!

/ Need advise on starting a allmand brothers 425 tlb #7  
Hello,

I need to start up an allmand brothers tlb425 that has been sitting for about 10 years. It has a kubota d1105 3 cylinder.

I cleaned out the diesel tank, cleaned the lines out, changed the prefilter, and cartridge filter for the fuel, put in a new fuel pickup. pumped fuel through the hoses up to the fuel pump to verify clean and dry. There was no residual fuel in the hoses near the injector pump. I know I have to bleed the injector pump of air, and I’m going to verify the fuel cutoff solenoid works, but I also have the stop lever. The throttle and stop lever move freely.

changed the oil, no water or contaminants visible, verified the neutral position for the hydrostatic drive, freed up the throttle cable. Changed the battery cables.

cleaned and verified the indicator lights- just oil pressure and battery. Verified continuity in the glow plug on indicator light.
Changed the starter years ago after a storm flooded the bottom foot or so of the machine for a little while.

I plan on lifting the rear wheels off the ground to start to prevent unintended movement Of the machine because the drive pedal damper is worn but still holds neutral. I can also chock the pedal into the neutral position but figured that might not be real neutral, just switch neutral. I don’t know.

I have not looked up the battery yet to verify the electrical system function
So the question is- what else do I have to do before I start this up?
thanks,
Andrew
Very thorough prep! Glad it all went wall and started up.

/ Need advise on starting a allmand brothers 425 tlb
Thanks. The temperature sensor shows open so I need one because I assume that is why the temp light does not light up when the key is turned. It’s a kubota d1105 engine says d1105-eu2 serial number 565404.
does anyone know a part number that will work?