Buying Advice Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #1  

AviMehrok

Tractor
John Deere 3720
I'm posting here in regards to a tractor that I want to bring stateside. I own a John Deere 5075E in India, I want to bring one over to the United States. The one I own does not have a AC cab, the one I'm going to buy will have a AC cabin. They are the same model but one just has a cab. They also have the same engine, the engine name is PY3029U, I've attached the sticker of mine here.

I need help determining if this engine is EPA compliant and if I can bring this over to the United States. Also if anyone has any tips or tricks with importing or any contacts they could recommend to me, I'm very new to the importing space.

The model I'm planning on buying is the John Deere 5075E AC CABIN TREM IV. (Trem IV is an Indian emissions standard, as far as I'm aware)

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 10.34.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 10.34.02 PM.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 118
   / Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #2  
Why not just buy it in the US if that is where you need the tractor? It would be a lot less headache.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #3  
Why not just buy it in the US if that is where you need the tractor? It would be a lot less headache.
This. Specially considering that there like 99% chance it won't be compliant with US emission standards.

I'm pretty sure they don't have DPFs on their tractors in India but I could be wrong.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #5  
Is the cost of the JD model so much cheaper in India that you would even consider buying there and importing? Like ptsg says - VERY GOOD chance that the tractor purchased in India will not be USA compliant.

I think you might be falling into one gigantic headache. Save yourself - buy what you want when you are in the USA.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #6  
Probably a sign of how much markup there is if buying there and shipping that far is still cheaper. If not for a significant price difference, I don't know why you would bother ahipping.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #7  
What model year is the tractor?

The older 5075E flat top fender model sold in USA were only Tier II and were sold for years. The later round fender ones had the emissions stuff on them.

I will guess shipping will be less than the difference selling in India and buying a US spec one. I believe the flat top fender models that are Tier II were almost identical to the India market models.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #9  
The tag says M/Y of manufacture is 3/22

Well, I guess that was obvious :)

I am going to guess it would have to meet US EPA for 2022 then, which it might not.

For the OP, this might be best answered by EPA.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #10  
I can imagine a thousand problems with importing a tracotor and wonder who'll fix it.