Need Info, Electric Polaris Ranger UTV.

/ Need Info, Electric Polaris Ranger UTV. #1  

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5610 G - Bobcat V417 - TORO+Loader
Anyone have a 2012 or 2013 Polaris Ranger EV? I know there were problems earlier. Can't find much info on problems for the later ones.

Would like to have AGM batterys in it. Anyone using AGM's?

It will replace a bobcat 2200 diesel that doesn't get much use now that we have the Toolcat.

2013-Polaris-RangerEV3.jpgPolaris_Ranger_EV_8.jpg
Thanks for any advice.

/ Need Info, Electric Polaris Ranger UTV. #2  
My in-laws have one and run the crap out of it it is ran daily and gets lots of use. I think the only problem they have had with it was the cables corroded and had to be replaced. I believe he said it had 600 hours on it. I have no ideas what kind of batteries it has and I doubt they do either.

/ Need Info, Electric Polaris Ranger UTV.
Anyone else?

/ Need Info, Electric Polaris Ranger UTV. #4  
A family up the road had one and came by the house on it and it was quite and they were not doing but about 20 MPH (two young girls) but I have not talked to the guy about it. I can see the cable things having a golf cart. If was not going to be climbing logs, pulling heavy loads like spraying 100 acres of crop, etc i think electric could be nice. We have the gas ATV which is nice but our golf cart is good but just limited when getting off road where the electric UTV would not be so much. Batteries are great for traction but I would not put them under water in a mud hole. :)

Drove it at the dealer today, very impressed! Hard to get used to no engine noise. Had been driving for a short time, stopped pushed reverse, reached for the key to restart the engine because I didn't hear it running! Old habits are hard to overcome, when used to a diesel. :D

No engine, just a very quiet 30 hp electric motor.

/ Need Info, Electric Polaris Ranger UTV. #6  
I bet the acceleration is unbelievable on them as well with a torquey as electric motors tend to be.....the pretty much start at full power.

Yep, very fast off the line!

/ Need Info, Electric Polaris Ranger UTV. #9  
Congrats on the new toy, er, tool!

/ Need Info, Electric Polaris Ranger UTV. #10  
Anyone know if / when Polaris will offer an electric machine with two bench row seats to haul more folks?