Need Longer Pins for Bro-tek Ripper on BH6000

/ Need Longer Pins for Bro-tek Ripper on BH6000 #1  

Tom_H

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I finally got around to trying Richard's ripper on the Woods backhoe tonight. This is the first ripper he has made for a Woods BH6000. The Gannon bucket has a sleeve on only one side and the 1" dia pin is just over the 5 and 3/8 width of the connection length. Since the connection plates on the ripper are thinner, Richard needed to put sleeves on both sides, making the connector width 6 and 1/2 inches. The pins that came with the backhoe bucket are not long enough to attach the ripper.

I have Googled and searched all the main sites, (TSC, Northern, others) but cannot find anyone who sells these 1" dia. bucket connector pins with a through hole for a nut and bolt to secure the pin. I find all the standard hitch, toplink, draw, etc. pins, but not these. Does anyone know where I can find the correct pins?

Otherwise, everything seems good with the ripper.

Last edited:
   / Need Longer Pins for Bro-tek Ripper on BH6000
This pic shows the ripper stacked upside down atop the bh bucket. Notice that the connector plating is thicker on the bucket, but that the bucket has the sleeve only on one side, while the ripper has a sleeve on each side. The pin that comes with the bucket is not long enough for the ripper.

I have told Richard that I think it best to keep sleeves on both sides of the ripper and to look for longer bucket pins.

So far, I still haven't found bucket pins anywhere. In the background, one can see a 1" dia hitch pin that is 7 and 1/2" long. The hole for the clip pin would need to be rebored for the bolt that holds the bucket pin in place to fit in the hitch pin. I don't know whether the pull loop on the end would get in the way or might need to be removed. I did see some hitch pins at the dealer in this same size that had swiveling pull loops. They had holes for standard clevis pins and would likely not need to be rebored. They were anodized steel (zinc plated?) in that brassy looking color. I should have asked about price, but didn't.

One other issue is that the bucket pins that came with the BH6000 have small grease zerks inside the little caps seen at the left sides. I wonder how important it would be to manually grease the hitch pins as a substitute, and how frequently.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Attachments

• PICT0672.JPG
    PICT0672.JPG
    837.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
   / Need Longer Pins for Bro-tek Ripper on BH6000 #3  
Sounds like a job for your local machine shop.