Need Mitsubishi D2000ii FD front rim info

/ Need Mitsubishi D2000ii FD front rim info #1  

fordcomanche

I just discovered major cracks in my right front rim. There is a major continuous crack running between 3 of the 4 lug holes.
Does anyone know if there is a generic replacement rim or part number?
This is the 4WD model and it uses a 6.00-14 tire. The lug
hole spacing looks to be about 5 15/16" and the rim center bore hole is about 4 3/8” diameter.
I'm in Louisiana and hoping to find a local replacement, but will probably also check with Valley Power on Tuesday.
Comparing pics of the tractor from 2011, looks like there were already cracks when I purchased it, but now the wheel is only supported with one bolt. Greatly appreciate any information on a replacement, Thanks!

/ Need Mitsubishi D2000ii FD front rim info #2  
Why not just take it to a shop and get it welded while you look?

/ Need Mitsubishi D2000ii FD front rim info
Thanks, my son and I had thought about welding it but since its broken thru 3 of the lugs,we didnt feel comfortable doing a good repair on it ourselves. We are looking into a shop welding it, but over 60% of our area is still without power due to the hurricane. Hoping by Tuesday some places will be open to check further. I'll try to get some pics posted of it tomorrow, Thanks

/ Need Mitsubishi D2000ii FD front rim info #4  
You could also consider welding a reinforcing plate over the center, cutting holes as required.

/ Need Mitsubishi D2000ii FD front rim info #5  
You could also consider welding a reinforcing plate over the center, cutting holes as required.
I had also damaged my rims from crabbing while snow plowing.
I had a local shop make me new HD centers and I simply welded them to the rims.
After all those centers are only big washers, so to speak.
At the time they set me back about $50.00/ pair.
Since weight was actually an asset I had them made from 5/16" stock.
No more cracks!

/ Need Mitsubishi D2000ii FD front rim info #6  
Thinking about this, aside from the 4wd stress when difflock is off, how far out of camber are your front tire(s)?

Usually it would require an off-center force to cause those cracks. Or a really overpowered front diff drive pulling against your rear.

The only other thing I can think of is that your steering stops might be adjusted too short and allowing you to turn and push against the side of your tire. (We all need to occasionally make tight turns but that is what your split brakes are for)

If it is either of those, they should be corrected before you damage your knuckles/bearings.

Thanks for the replies and ideas, I was really interested in trying to get an insert made and welded.

When I took pics to attach today, I noticed more cracks/fractures that actually run outward from the lug holes into the curved part of the rim.

I've had this tractor for a little over 10 yrs and only used it for light 4ft bushhog and grader blade for gravel drive and typically dont have 4wd engaged very often. However, when I purchased it, it always seemed like the right wheel had a little tilt/slight wobble and I had thought possibly bad stub shaft bearing. But when I removed wheel and checked the shaft and kingpin case, I didnt find any play in the shaft.

I looked at my pics from 2011 when I bought tractor and the crack line by lugs was lightly visible in those pics but looked more like a rust line/crack in paint (the line looked like rust from where wheel weights were mounted) rather than a rim crack but evidently it was cracked when I got it. (Wondering now if prev owner wrecked it..:confused:)

CausticUrbanCoast, thanks for the thoughts about the steering stops, I'll check the stop angle and toe in. I've always used left/right brakes for tight steering, especially on my Ford 850. Even though this tractor is much smaller, its never seemed to have a really tight turn radius compared to the Ford, so hopefully the stops are set ok.

Please keep the ideas coming and let me know if this could still be a candidate for an insert or whether it would hold up with these additional cracks, Thanks!

Attachments

• Mitsubishi D2000 Bad Rim 9-3-21 (6).JPG
    Mitsubishi D2000 Bad Rim 9-3-21 (6).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 74
  • Mitsubishi D2000 Bad Rim 9-3-21 (8).JPG
    Mitsubishi D2000 Bad Rim 9-3-21 (8).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
  • Mitsubishi D2000 Bad Rim 9-3-21 (20).JPG
    Mitsubishi D2000 Bad Rim 9-3-21 (20).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
  • Mitsubishi D2000 Bad Rim 9-3-21 (35).JPG
    Mitsubishi D2000 Bad Rim 9-3-21 (35).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
Oops.. I forgot to include these pics of the overall rim view

Attachments

• Mitsubishi D2000 Bad Rim 9-3-21 (1).JPG
    Mitsubishi D2000 Bad Rim 9-3-21 (1).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
  • Mitsubishi D2000 Bad Rim 9-3-21 (2).JPG
    Mitsubishi D2000 Bad Rim 9-3-21 (2).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 91
Brief update--I spoke with Valley Power and others regarding the rim.
The rim is beyond repair of just reinforcing the center lug area as additional cracks and holes were found in the rim bead area.
They also suggested getting a new blank 5x14 rim and having the new center with proper bolt pattern and offset welded in.
I see online that Hey Wheel and some others will make these, has anyone had experience with Hey Wheel or other companies?
Thanks

/ Need Mitsubishi D2000ii FD front rim info #10  
I make these. I have centers plasma cut & use new rims.