Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #71  
Back when I researched, it was essentially missing one leaf spring which may explain the ride height. You’re correct, it IS essentially a 2500. I recall the time when I went to rent a 14k trailer and the clerk said they only rent them for 3/4 ton trucks or higher. I told him that it IS a 3/4 and he can google up the specs. He stood firm. WTF?
You should know better than to argue with a computer. They do not lie. ;)

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #72  
Correct, same 6.0L LQ4 and 4L80 trans, 8-lug hubs/wheels, etc. I tried to find a clean 1500HD for a while but there's not very many around in good shape still.

As I recall from researching, the 1500HD is essentially a 2500HD but w/ 2" lower suspension. I think it only came in a crew-cab, 6.5' bed config.

My guess is, it had a semi float rear axle. Disclaimer, I am short on GM knowledge so I might be wrong....

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #73  
At 3.30 plus a gallon, you'll be watching closely...My only issue with GM's in general is the valve deactivation. It's bad Ju Ju. Wife bought a new Suburban and I deleted it (valve cut out), immediately.
2500 don't have valve deactivation

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #75  
Unless you are loaded or towing most of the time, the 4:10 rear end gearing is a very thirsty one.
3:56 is much more practical.
It depends a lot on the wheels fitted.

A 275/70-18 turns 627 revs/mile
Driveshaft turns 2571 revs/mile with 4.10 and 2226 with 3.55.

A 275/70-16 turns 667 revs/mile
Driveshaft turns 2735 revs/mile with 4.10 and 2368 with 3.55.

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #77  
I have had both 2wd and 4wd. I very seldom used the 4wd. I can’t justify the added expense and cost of repair on additional parts unless I really need it. The only place I will be off road much is our farm. The ground tends to be hard and if I do get in a bind the tractor can rescue me.
I have had 4 vehicles with 4 WD (currently have a 2007 Chevy Z71 and a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have not used the 4 WD in my pickup in years (no need for it) but it is there just in case. I grew up on a farm and we never used anything but 2 WD trucks. Tractors were always available if the going got too rough which was seldom. When you have 2WD, you tend to stay out of wet spots more than you do if you have 4 WD. 4WD usually just means that when you get stuck, you are very stuck.

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #78  
The Allison WAS NOT available in 2020 chevy burb or GMC Yukon SUV,s just the 8 speed and the 10 speed trannys.I have a 2020 Yukon Denali with the 6.2 motor and the Allison was not a option..In the 2020 pickups in 2500-3500 series Allison is a option.
See that’s what I thought. The Ally was only in the HDs. Not the ‘burb, ‘Hoe or 1500.

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #79  
See that’s what I thought. The Ally was only in the HDs. Not the ‘burb, ‘Hoe or 1500.

Yea I don’t think an Allison or 6.0 has ever been offered in a half ton suburban or Tahoe. A 2500 was offered with a 6.0 but still no Allison.

/ Need opinions 2016 Chevrolet 2500HD #80  
I have had 4 vehicles with 4 WD (currently have a 2007 Chevy Z71 and a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have not used the 4 WD in my pickup in years (no need for it) but it is there just in case. I grew up on a farm and we never used anything but 2 WD trucks. Tractors were always available if the going got too rough which was seldom. When you have 2WD, you tend to stay out of wet spots more than you do if you have 4 WD. 4WD usually just means that when you get stuck, you are very stuck.
I could never understand that logic. If I lived by that creed I may as well leave the truck in the garage and walk everywhere, especially in springtime or after the first 1/2 inch of snow in the fall. If you learn the limitations of your vehicle and get into the habit of climbing out and checking the questionable spots before driving through them; carry assistance devices in case you do misjudge, such as hilift jack, heavy duty come along, a couple lengths of chain, shovel, chain saw, perhaps a couple lengths of plank; you can get yourself out of nearly anything. For winter, buy a set of decent ice chains.
By learning when to go, when to stop and when to use reverse you can save a lot of walking, yet will very rarely need any of the above.

If you wait until you're stuck to shift into 4WD, quite often it's too late.