Need opinions of 10K trailer brands

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #21  
I just picked up a "Better Built Trailers" 14K gooseneck to replace my 10k Hudson which had served me well for the last 10 years.

It is a 2012 model, and list was $5495. I traded in my Hudson and they installed a B&W Turnover Ball hitch and electrical connection in the bed for about $500. Out the door was around $4000 with the trade in.

I looked at Kaufman and BigTex, but this local large trailer dealer has been selling a lot of Better Built trailers, and I was happy with my purchase. It is very well built (no pun intended). This is my first gooseneck trailer, but wow, what a difference compared to a bumper mount. Much less side to side pull by having the fulcrum over the axle.

Some pics of what I got:

betterbuilt-1.jpg

betterbuilt-2.jpg

betterbuilt-3.jpg

betterbuilt-4.jpg

betterbuilt-5.jpg

betterbuilt-6.jpg

betterbuilt-7.jpg

betterbuilt-8.jpg

betterbuilt-9.jpg

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #23  
Thats a nice looking rig. Just make sure once you get it loaded its sitting level or you will end up with trailer tire issues.

Chris

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #24  
You can't go wrong with a towmaster! Have had one for three years and love it.

The quality brand trailers to pull nice but don't have the fit and finish of the towmaster

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #25  
Thats a nice looking rig. Just make sure once you get it loaded its sitting level or you will end up with trailer tire issues
Good point. I see there is a large pin in the vertical shaft that connects the goose-neck to the truck for adjusting the height. I'll be sure to do that once I get a real load on it.

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #26  
I have a Gator 10800lbs pull it every day ,rarlely is it unhooked from my truck. probably has 60k miles on it with no problems I bought it from the factory in Somerset KY it was cheaper to go get it my self , than to pay delivery charges
How much was your Gatorade trailer? I currently have a 18ft 7,000lb but need one that can haul more weight.

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #27  
My opinion of a 10k trailer is to not buy one. Their empty weight is barely less than a 14k. I’ve seen some cheaper trailers with the junk 3500 pound jack and welded on stamped couplers. I’d get one with a 10,000 pound jack and adjustable coupler.

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #28  
My opinion of a 10k trailer is to not buy one. Their empty weight is barely less than a 14k. I’ve seen some cheaper trailers with the junk 3500 pound jack and welded on stamped couplers. I’d get one with a 10,000 pound jack and adjustable coupler.
Some states have different laws/registrations for > 10K, lots of potential tow vehicles have max towing rated at 10K, I've one rated at 9980.
How much was your Gatorade trailer? I currently have a 18ft 7,000lb but need one that can haul more weight.
Do you realize that post was back in 2011?

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #29  
I’d get one with a 10,000 pound jack and adjustable coupler.

Are you planning on putting the entire rated weight of the trailer on the tongue?

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #30  
Are you planning on putting the entire rated weight of the trailer on the tongue?

No but the 10,000 pound square tube jacks with a retractable foot are way better than the dinky round ones.