need some ideas for a rake on mini x

/ need some ideas for a rake on mini x #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
as the title says, I have been removing trees, many of them at the cabin, the Bobcat E32 worked well with the ripper removing roots and such the issue now is clearing the debris up, on the weekend installed a thumb but its not working well and will be returned, what I am looking for is a 24 to 30 inch rake, maybe 5 tines to comb the ground pulling branches and roots to apile and I will move them with the skidsteer.

the thumb would pick them but loading was 90 degrees to the truck so not great loading, has anyone made such a thing? anyone have a picture of such a device? also for the x-change, do you make your own adaptor or use the factory bolt on

thanks

Last edited:
   / need some ideas for a rake on mini x
quick update, the thumb has been returned and over the weekend came up with this design for a comb and my design for the X-change adaptor as part of the rake, the width is 30 inches and should work well, the parts are being cut next couple days and then some welding, hoping its finished by weekend to try it out DSC_0049.JPG

got the plasma cut plate in this morning, got enough for 2 units as one did not cover the minimum, hopefully sell one to cover the costs, got the first one tacked up, will be out there after work to finish welding it up and hopefully paint it tomorrowDSC_0063.JPGDSC_0069.JPGDSC_0068.JPGDSC_0064.JPGDSC_0062.JPG

/ need some ideas for a rake on mini x #4  
Very substantial tines, L. They look to be at least 3/4", or maybe even 1" thick. A36 steel?

correct dfkrug, the mount is 1/2 inch plate, welded now paint tomorrow and if all goes well with weather some action shots on the weekend, now I have the mount figured out will be cutting some for my post hole auger, post grabber and small spade currently mounted on the skidsteer, I will cut some parts to replicate the E32 x-change on a skidsteer mount and it will allow me to use same attachments on the skidsteer using a cross pin instead of the hydraulic pins on the excavator

/ need some ideas for a rake on mini x #7  
I find that when I'm removing stumps that if I separate the roots from the backfill material theres really not much to take. Mostly what's left over is very thin stuff that I can just mow...stuff the rake wont get anyway.

/ need some ideas for a rake on mini x #8  
Had a 4' rake made for my mini. Has been my goto tool of choice.

yes they work great, it will dig roots and comb them out, works good for rocks, just rake them out and roll back to pick them up, got a few pictures