Buying Advice Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee

/ Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee #1  

J.Wal

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L3130
I am in Shelby county and planning on buying a Mahendra in the winter, around Christmas to be exact.

I live on 5.5 acres, wooded, hilly, and afew gullys ( to be fixed later) I at first was interested on a 3016 but am now leaning toward a 3616 with cab. I am 23, will be 24 when I make the purchase, I am the owner of the land ( my house is also on the 5.5 acres. I am looking at the purchase as a long term investment/ tool. As of now I think I would be ok with the hp of a 3016 but don't want to limit myself down the road. I priced a 3616 shuttle at 17,000 or so and a 3616 with can at 25,000 or so. I think the heat: air and cabin would be worth the extra money. I have bad allergies and it would help some I figure.....

I would like help with y'all on several things.....

1, is buying a tractor like a car, you try and haggle them down?

2, what is my best place to get the best price in my area ( TN, MS, AR)

3, the 3016 does not come with a cab option correct?

Here is part of my land. Just ha a Dozer clean 10 hours worth of it....

Before

image-418006148.jpg

image-1787397564.jpg

After

image-66365985.jpg

image-69401743.jpg

As you can see I have a lot of trees and will mostly be bushoging, and cleaning the property line and fencing it.

I still have a lot behind all this that hasn't been dozed and will eventually.

The 3616 may be overkill, but I don't want to be limited, and if I am gonna get a 3616, I might as well get some AC/ heat, and a radio......

I also plan on doing some side bushog work for extra cash here and there.

/ Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee
Anybody?

Is it common practice to haggle?

/ Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee #3  
Sure it is OK to haggle. I do not know much about the prices though, I bought a LS U5030C for about the same money in March of this year. It is 58hp with fel and a/c and heat, I love it so far! good luck Tim

Thanks, I just saw where another member got a 3616 with cab and some other stuff out the door for 23,500. Out the door, that way better than my price.

/ Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee #5  
Don't forget to go up to the tipton county line and see the dealer..Haggleing is best when nobody else is shopping? you said Dec., that is good as you might beat the new years price increases..But then Jan and feb. is when money is usually tighter??.But there are not many dealers to visit for this brand....try to look at as many, as you can so it will be satisfying when you do buy..

I can't wait, I am dreaming about doing work in it already. Lol.

I don't mind driving afew miles , just need the best price possible. I am planning on putting down at least 10G if not more.

/ Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee #7  
Jwalton said:
I can't wait, I am dreaming about doing work in it already. Lol.

I don't mind driving afew miles , just need the best price possible. I am planning on putting down at least 10G if not more.

I'm in fayette co. Just bought the 3016. I love mine. If you want to see one working feel free to come out and look at it.

What dealer did you use? Not too many around here, that I have found...

/ Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee #9  
Try the dealer in Batesville MS. Small dealer but a great guy.

Can anyone tell me if a 3016 comes with a cab?