Buying Advice Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #1  

JFoy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I grew up on a Farmall 150 and Cub. Fast Hitch is all I've ever known but the family Farmall tractors are wore out and frankly, we don't plow and plant big fields anymore.

Two groups of equipment I'm considering:
Group 1: Kioti CS2410 vs Kubota BK25D
Group 2: Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2601.
All four are contenders and within my price range.

Needs:
Mowing around my home 90% of the time. About 1ac.
Bushhog a 1ac field about 3 times a year.
Loader for a variety of landscaping projects this spring.
Auger for a 120ft privacy fence with 4x4 posting within the month.
Roto Tiller for a small garden patch.
No snow issues here in central NC.

Wants:
Backhoe because it looks fun. I'm sure I'll find a use for it - haha.

Mechanical inclination:
Inclined but don't care to do it. I don't even change the oil in my truck as I prefer to the local car mechanic to mess with it. Not that I can't but I just don't care to mess with it. So, with the tractor, I would probably let the dealer do the service on it. I do take care of my stuff, e.g. service, repairs, wash downs, etc.

Thought process:
Could get a zero turn mower to replace old 42" Craftsman mower and used tractor for other uses. Couldn't find much in my area for good used tractors so I started thinking about the compact / subcompact with mid mount mower. I've been wanting my own tractor vs. the family shared tractors and frankly, no one wants to spend the money to fix up the Farmalls anyway.

First stop was the Kioti dealer four miles down the road from me. Nice guy. Gave me a cash vs. finance price. Downside is he is the only Kioti dealership within 70 miles of me.

Next stop was Kubota dealer. 30 mins down the road. Didn't skip a second to talk junk about the Kioki brand. Cash or finance, same price. If I finance and get their property insurance, $250 deductible for damage during the life of the loan.

Final stop was the 2nd Kubota dealer. 30 mins up the road. Nice guy. As with the 1st dealer, same terms and price. Within $500 of 1st dealer. Definitely a smaller dealership.

Spoke on the phone to the Mahindra dealer who would be 30 mins up the road. Practically told me to go to the Kioti dealer - odd. He did quote me on an eMax25 but looking at the videos, it looks cheaper made. Have not actually seen one first hand though.

Spoke on the phone to the John Deere dealer who would be an hour down the road. Very proud of his product and openly arrogant towards the others. Priced about $5000 higher for their 1025R but does offer on-my-property service and repair for $85 service call. That would be convenient. Wonder if they bring cheese and wine when they come?

The Kioti CS2410 and Kubota BK25D would probably serve my needs well but the larger units tickle my ego a bit. Course, in the Kioti case, only the CS2410 has a MMM though the salesman tells me Kioti is coming out with a MMM for the CK line first quarter 2016.

My wife thinks I'm going through a phase and suggested the Kubota simply because it will be easier to sell later. I confess, I wasn't sure how to respond to that, so I just nodded (me? sell such a prize? what?)

I've looked at the forums and there are substantially fewer reviews on the Kioti compared to the Kubota. Talking to people, it seems that Kioti and Mihindra are considered to be one group of quality and Kubota, Massey, Deere, etc. in a higher quality group. Not sure if that's true and if so, should I care in my case.

Was hoping to use some of the Farmall implements or some skid steer stuff (neighbor has one) but have generally heard no to both.

Testing the units:
Kioti CS2410 - I noticed the unit had a strong vibration as low RPMs. Speed was fine.
Kubota BK25D - No vibration. Speed was fine.
Have not tested the higher models yet as I wasn't considering them but I am starting to wonder if I should.
Obviously, the controls are in different places and I'm sure I'll get used to that.

Anyway, I need a tie breaker. Would welcome any comments.

Thanks

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #2  
I like your wife's thinking! The local Kubota dealer offered me $11,500 on a 2012 B3200 with 1200 hours for trade on a new L3901.

Ok so look at the implements you are thinking of - most of them are 3 point. Consider the mmm. Suggest you go through the process of attaching and detaching the mmm unit; then go through the process of attaching and detaching a 3 point finish mower. My first mower was 3 point pull behind pto. Still have it, but also have acquired a mmm. The B7510 is set up with the mmm, however all the serious dirt work is done with the L39 so I don't have to go through the pain of mmm attaching/detaching. I will admit the mmm is a great mower. If you don't like to change oil you will not like the mmm process; and you will not be able to do much serious dirt work with the mmm in place. Heck a good quality 4 foot shredder with sharp blades may satisfy all your mowing needs. With that size tractor your backhoe needs will have to be light duty. I am about to find out about 3 point backhoes as I just ordered one. About half the price of a factory one, but not as sturdy I am sure. Ok, so I have just muddied the water.

Two check marks for Kubota, resale value and a great insurance plan that is very cheap. Oops - 3rd check .... very reliable. I am on my 3rd machine and would buy again. Higher models ... loved my B3200. It is essentially an estate tractor. Well suited for lots of tasks.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #3  
I did essentially the same dance when I was tractor shopping.

I did a private sale on my '88 John Deere 750 as no dealer would give me the time of day on a trade in that old.

I drove right past the JD dealer for three reasons:

1. The local dealer makes his money selling over-priced lawnmowers to McMansion owners driving Beemers and doesn't give a rat if he ever sells anything to somebody like me. The price is the price, take it or leave it and don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.

2. As much as I loved my 750 the current crop of JD's have too much plastic and electronics for my comfort level.

3. JD is out of their tiny little mind on prices.

I stopped at the Kioti-Massey Ferguson dealer. Liked the Fergies, but in order to get a cab I had to buy way more tractor than I needed. The Kioti had some features I really liked, but the cabs on tractors in my desired horsepower range were aftermarket installed at the dealer and a little on the cheesy side. Finally, a brief chat with the service department didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

So, I wound up with a Kubota.

Pluses: GREAT resale, good financing, outstanding quality, and the dealer has been around in the FARMING (as opposed to yuppie estate owners) business since the 50's.

Minuses: Really only one...price. It was more than the equivalent Kioti by nearly $4,000, but less than the JD by about the same amount.

Oh, and PS: Go bigger. Can't recall the last time I heard somebody complain about having too much tractor.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #4  
Talking to people, it seems that Kioti and Mihindra are considered to be one group of quality and Kubota, Massey, Deere, etc. in a higher quality group.
My previous tractor was a John Deere 850. It was a Solid, reliable tractor.
I have owned my Kioti DK 35 for 14 years (nearing 2000 hours) now.
Love it. Never gives me any problems. Every bit as solid and reliable as my John Deere 850 was IMO

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #5  
Check out 4shorts youtube videos on the B25... he loves his, and I respect his reasoning and abilities. Kubotas are probably the standard for resale value, and no doubt their insurance program is very user friendly. I would focus on Kiotis and Kubotas. I didn't like the smaller Deere's when I looked at them last year, just before I stumbled across a very clean Kubota L3400 that was exactly what I wanted at a very fair price.
I should confess, if we ever get a winter here (63 and rain at the moment) I would love a cab, but for the rest of the year, nope.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #6  
Dude, listen to your wife, if just this one time....Buy the Kubota.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #7  
The Kubota is heavier and has slightly higher lift ratings on the FEL. If I am reading things correctly the CK has a 2 range HST where the B has a 3 range. I'd buy the Kubota. The better resale value of the Kubota is another plus.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #8  
Still not convinced the resale is higher Kubota vs Kioti (models new price vs used price).
I'd need to see proof. Where are you finding it ?

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #9  
Just search tractorhouse.com. The new price is harder to find.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #10  
Just search tractorhouse.com. The new price is harder to find.
Prices on Tractorhouse always look to high on either brand to me.
New price vs used is the only way to get accurate resale.