Backhoe Need to rebuild hydraulic pump on 580 CK

/ Need to rebuild hydraulic pump on 580 CK #1  

James Lattner

Tractor
Case 580 CK
I've been working on the hydraulics of an old Case 580 CK backhoe loader that I inherited (about 1970 vintage). I've replaced the seals in 3 leaking cylinders and replaced 23 hydraulic hoses. The hydraulic oil looked like chocolate milk, so I drained out all I could and refilled with 50/50 diesel/hydraulic fluid mix. I cranked it up and everything was looking good, until the hydraulic pump started spraying fluid everywhere . . . I think the diesel must have dissolved the gunk that was keeping the pump shaft sealed!

So, I've taken off the pump and taken it apart . . . it doesn't look too bad, but it needs a new shaft seal. I also need all the other gaskets and o-rings to go with it. I've searched the internet, but I cannot find any rebuild kits for this pump. I can find a new aftermarket pump for about $400 . . . is this my only choice?

/ Need to rebuild hydraulic pump on 580 CK #2  
Case probably has kits for it. CASE

Place youe cursor on "parts & service". A drop down menu will appear.

Select "search for parts".

Enter 580CK in the model space, and hit enter. You will need to determine which loader/backhoe model you have, and the serial number of the unit, as it looks like they used more than several pumps, throughout production.

Just a couple I looked at, they have kits, or reman'd pumps.

/ Need to rebuild hydraulic pump on 580 CK #3  
   / Need to rebuild hydraulic pump on 580 CK #4  
I've been working on the hydraulics of an old Case 580 CK backhoe loader that I inherited (about 1970 vintage). I've replaced the seals in 3 leaking cylinders and replaced 23 hydraulic hoses. The hydraulic oil looked like chocolate milk, so I drained out all I could and refilled with 50/50 diesel/hydraulic fluid mix. I cranked it up and everything was looking good, until the hydraulic pump started spraying fluid everywhere . . . I think the diesel must have dissolved the gunk that was keeping the pump shaft sealed!

So, I've taken off the pump and taken it apart . . . it doesn't look too bad, but it needs a new shaft seal. I also need all the other gaskets and o-rings to go with it. I've searched the internet, but I cannot find any rebuild kits for this pump. I can find a new aftermarket pump for about $400 . . . is this my only choice?

/ Need to rebuild hydraulic pump on 580 CK #5  
Im looking for a pump or the part numbers. Tough going
The hydraulic pump is out of a very old case 580...70s. . The md is 580ck sn 8346514. Whether it is a b I've been told differently based on the md and sn. I would need the coupler and spline too. The engine is a g1880. The spline shaft coupler look to be maybe 5 8ths wide? ..13 spline cavities and 13 ribs.

/ Need to rebuild hydraulic pump on 580 CK #6  

Try calling case salvage at 740 432 5920 talk to bob.