Need tool to put tubing on nipple

/ Need tool to put tubing on nipple #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
The mechanics at a factory I worked at had a tool they used to put rubber hose/tubing on a nipple. It looked like a set of pliers with clamps on the jaws. I needed one today to repair a leak on a 12-volt sprayer. Worked on it an hour and finally got hose on to where I could clamp it. Sprayed 1/8 of what I intended and pump quit. AARRRGGGGHHHHH......

I need one of these once every five years but I would have paid $50+ for it today. Cannot find one online and I know I just don't have the right name in the search.

Thanks.

RSKY

/ Need tool to put tubing on nipple #2  
   / Need tool to put tubing on nipple
Are you talking about Hose Grip Pliers?
No, had my hopes up but those are not the tool. It was like two of those attached together and he would lock one on the nipple and grip the hose with the other and squeeze the handles together to force the tubing straight onto the nipple. Bad explanation I know but that is the best I can come up with.

You might be shocked at what came up on one of the Google searches with the different wording I used.

RSKY

1630020121784.png
This is close to what I am looking for but it is for only one type of fitting. It is a "push on tool". Now maybe I can find one and end this frustrating search.

/ Need tool to put tubing on nipple #5  
Cant you just heat hose and easily slip it over barb nipple?

/ Need tool to put tubing on nipple #7  
Cant you just heat hose and easily slip it over barb nipple?
I tried that. Got a pan of water boiling then poured into a plastic cup (hose had Roundup in it) and soaked the hose for about five minutes. That is how I managed to get it over the first of three barbs.

RSKY

??
That tool set is over $300. Not what I'm going to pay to repair a sprayer that costs $60 to replace. And I would only need it once every 5-10 years. Looking for something cheaper. Maybe a Harbor Freight one use plastic Chinese special.

RSKY

/ Need tool to put tubing on nipple #10  
As long as it won't cause a contamination problem, try a little brake fluid. It works wonders for me.