Neighbor had a close one brush hogging

/ Neighbor had a close one brush hogging #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
He got too close brush hogging and rolled his tractor into the pond, pinning his foot under the machine with only his mouth above water. He had to dive down three times until he finally worked his foot out of his boot. He's OK and the tractor is being checked.
IMG_0671.JPG
IMG_0672.JPG
IMG_0673.JPG

/ Neighbor had a close one brush hogging #2  
Glad he is ok, however that job shouldn't be done that way, but rather up and down. Yes, takes more time but you don't risk flip the tractor and getting stuck underwater.

/ Neighbor had a close one brush hogging #3  
He got too close brush hogging and rolled his tractor into the pond, pinning his foot under the machine with only his mouth above water. He had to dive down three times until he finally worked his foot out of his boot. He's OK and the tractor is being checked.
View attachment 710698View attachment 710699View attachment 710700
Glad he is OK. Thanks for sharing this. As a new tractor owner, posts like these give me a good reminder to slow down and stay focused on safety.

/ Neighbor had a close one brush hogging #6  
Glad he lived to tell the story-certainly a learning experience.

/ Neighbor had a close one brush hogging #7  
Did the tractor cut out once it rolled? None of the tractors around here when I was a kid had rops on them. But all the more modern tractors do. Many of them didn’t have fenders either. Maybe they would damage them hauling firewood or something. But most didn’t have fenders. So it would be bad if you rolled over …

/ Neighbor had a close one brush hogging #8  
Wow! Bad day for sure, glad to hear he’s ok!

/ Neighbor had a close one brush hogging #9  
Holy Moly!
That man should go buy some lottery tickets!
Banks can be very dangerous.

/ Neighbor had a close one brush hogging #10  
Wow! Thank God he didn’t panic and was able to think through it. This has convinced me that an offset flail is the way to go for pond work. Keep the tractor flat. Let the mower tilt down the edge and cut.