"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night .....

/ "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night ..... #1  

smstonypoint

Tractor
NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw ZTR
stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

But wild turkeys? That's another story. :)

Screenshot 2018-01-09 at 7.32.39 AM.png

Aggressive wild turkeys in Rocky River interfere with mail delivery | cleveland.com

Steve

Last edited:
   / "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night ..... #2  
Wild turkeys!!! Somebody in our area introduced those dam things about 18 years ago. I'd like to know who, because I'd cut his kiwi's off and hand them back to him on a stick.

Around here they will and can tear up your lawn, shrubbery and flower beds just as a wild hog does in the pastures in Texas.

These poor folks are having troubles with wild turkeys because - they are finding food or some idiot is feeding them.

For a short while, about twelve years ago, I could not figure how my dog was eating so much food but was hungry all the time. Got up early one morning and there out at the dog food dish was six or eight of those nasty birds. Every morning - they ate all the dog food and never let my dog get anywhere near his dish until they had eaten it all. I brought the food dish in doors but the turkeys still needed daily encouragement to leave the property for quite a while.

/ "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night ..... #3  
We had an old lady tame some wild turkeys near us. Neighbor thought he was having a reaction to his meds, or his wife slipped him something :laughing: Was sitting in his recliner watching a ball game and heard some tapping on his storm door. Looked up to see a wild turkey pecking the glass :D After a bit, it went around to the front of the house and started tapping on his front storm door. That's when he started calling neighbors to come check it out. Turkey would follow you around like a dog.

Round here, nuisance turkeys wouldn't last long before they started to get relocated to people's freezers ;)

/ "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night ..... #4  
Hungry bobcat or 2 will take care of that problem.

/ "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night ..... #5  
Hungry bobcat or 2 will take care of that problem.

We have both bobcats and more turkeys than we can handle...we even have a few mountain lions skulking around. The turkeys aren't aggressive, but they are very tame. They come up and feed around our bird feeder when we are sitting only 10 feet away. Out little Boston, Lucy more or less tolerates them, but will chase them from time to time. They will always run and sometimes fly, but no farther than they have to. They will get right up in her face when she is taking care of business. Don't have much of a problem with them eating the garden or flowers, but they do fluff themselves in any bare spot around shrubs though, and the poop on the deck and the driveway.

I'm told they keep the ticks and insects down, and if it's true, I'm all for it.

/ "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night ..... #6  
Rocky River is a suburb of Cleveland (East side). Not too many Bobcats up that way (like none).

Never seen an aggressive flock of turkeys....seems unusual.

/ "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night ..... #7  
2LaneCruzer; I'm told they keep the ticks and insects down said:
Turkey will eat about anything except for my cooking,if they eat ticks I vote to put them on endanger species list...LOTS of ticks here. :(

/ "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night ..... #8  
I think all the quail around here will eat a lot more ticks than the turkeys. I've got cougars and coyotes and it doesn't seem to have much impact on the turkeys. Actually, our spring weather has a lot more impact on the numbers of wild turkeys than most anything else.