Neoprene Rubber gluing?

/ Neoprene Rubber gluing? #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
I've got some Neoprene Rubber pieces I need to glue together. This is not foam but solid belting. According to the internet, many contact cements are suppose to work on it but I've tried 2 and both didn't do much for its attachment. Just for fun I also tried rubber vulcanizing chemical, vinyl glue and muti use PVC type cement. Not! I also tried silicone type glue but it takes 24 hours to set so I'm not yet able to try pull it apart. I also emailed the retailer and asked them what to glue it with. :unsure:

Last edited:
   / Neoprene Rubber gluing? #2  
Try Super glue?

/ Neoprene Rubber gluing? #3  
I would reach out to a roofing company that does membrane roofs, they probably have just the thing.

/ Neoprene Rubber gluing? #6  
A very clean surface, try using rubbing alcohol liberally to clean well, and applying lots of pressure for atleast a few hrs on what your trying to glue, it's worked for me most of the time.

/ Neoprene Rubber gluing?
A very clean surface, try using rubbing alcohol liberally to clean well, and applying lots of pressure for atleast a few hrs on what your trying to glue, it's worked for me most of the time.
I have cleaned with alcohol between attemps and changed out my cleaning rags..... For the silicone type glue I appiled tonight I rouged it up via sand paper before the attempt..

/ Neoprene Rubber gluing? #8  
Find out how they seal pond liners together? :)

/ Neoprene Rubber gluing? #9  
I have cleaned with alcohol between attemps and changed out my cleaning rags..... For the silicone type glue I appiled tonight I rouged it up via sand paper before the attempt..
Is it possible to setup clamps using blocking backers of some type to apply lots of pressure to what your trying to glue?

/ Neoprene Rubber gluing?
Is it possible to setup clamps using blocking backers of some type to apply lots of pressure to what your trying to glue?
Well it is but I'm now just trying it on little chunks to see if something works. I do put my drill index on it for some pressure but the pieces are only about 2 x 2" in size.