Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,953  
What's wrong with bearing arms while enfringed?

enfringed1.jpg

enfringed2.jpg

:)

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,955  
I think .22 is a gateway bullet to hard-core bullets.

Haha yup I just finally bought my first center fire rifle on Saturday. I've been shooting for 17-18 years but it was mostly shotguns and. 22LR bit of a shortage here too depending where you go. Here's a pic of my new shooter.
Savage model 25 Walking Varminter . 223

20140322_233616-1-1.jpg

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,956  
Haha yup I just finally bought my first center fire rifle on Saturday. I've been shooting for 17-18 years but it was mostly shotguns and. 22LR bit of a shortage here too depending where you go. Here's a pic of my new shooter.
Savage model 25 Walking Varminter . 223

View attachment 367275

Nice!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,957  
I was in local Branson Wally World, couple of days ago. they have removed the 3 box rule for anything but .22LR.
You can buy as much as they have of any of the center-fire stuff now. So I bought some more .223
The guy said, "of course we never have any .22LR" ha ha ha ha. When he handed over the 5 boxes of .223, he said " I guess you can go makes some noise now!"

I replied.. "who can afford to shoot it, I am just hoarding"

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,958  
I'm still seeing 22LR regularly at all the sporting goods stores within a 60 mile radius of me, with the exception being Walmart. Seems that each Wally World still has the same old coffee clatch folks there every morning waiting in line, just more of them since they started the 1 box limit. What they're really hoping for is that the store gets some of the bulk packs in, so they can buy 1 of them.

All the other stores still have a 1 or 2 box limit, so I just make it a point now that whenever I have to go the one of the "big cities", I take the time to visit at least two places and buy rimfires. My favorite flavor is CCI Mini Mags and it seems like I can always find them on the shelf.

I also like the Winchester M22 and the Federal AM22, but since they only come in bulk boxes, I never see those.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,959  
I was in our local Wal-Mart which is well supplied with everything with the exception of .380 and .22. While I was in the sporting goods aisle looking for some other odds and ends, two ladies walked up at different times, just minutes apart, and asked the clerk that was present (and yes, I was amazed there was a clerk there as well) if they had any .22s. the clerk replied "Not right now." When asked if they would get anymore, both times she replied "We usually get anywhere from a couple of boxes up to 20 boxes, and we stock it when we get it in the morning, and it's always sold out in just a few minutes."

She didn't mention if there were people waiting for it or not.

Unfortunately for me, there are only a couple of small gun shops in town and they never have .22 either.

Maybe someday it will get better.

Good luck and take care.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,960  
yep.. no 22 or 380 here either

Status
Not open for further replies.