New 1626 HST Owner, Any Others?

/ New 1626 HST Owner, Any Others? #1  

Dranrab

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1626 HST
Hi folks I bought my first tractor today. It's a Mahindra 1626 HST with FEL. Being my first tractor, I thought I'd see how many of us 1626 owners there are. I suspect I'll end up with a lot of questions.

/ New 1626 HST Owner, Any Others? #2  
Typically you need to provide some photos......sort of a tradition around here. Congrats! I’m sure u will enjoy it. I’ve seen a few 16xx folks on here.

/ New 1626 HST Owner, Any Others?
I should have known better. It's still at the dealership. I'll dirty it up and post some more photos later.

/ New 1626 HST Owner, Any Others? #4  
Deer blinds and tractors....this is a dealership I can support!

/ New 1626 HST Owner, Any Others? #5  
I bought my 1626 in July. Just hit 46 hours today. 50 hour service will happen next week. Love it!

IMG_2692.JPGIMG_2691.JPGIMG_2430.JPG

/ New 1626 HST Owner, Any Others?
Hey fellow 1626 HST owners, I have a question for you. I still don't have my tractor. During my demo ride, I didn't do any brake assisted turning. With the brake on the right and the Hydro pedal on the right, I am confused about how you can apply a brake at the same time you have your foot on the forward hydro pedal.

/ New 1626 HST Owner, Any Others? #9  
Different model here but the same pedal layout. I’ve never split the pedals for brake assist steering. I have swung my left foot over a few times to run the HST while my right foot ran the brake. Vary rarely though.

/ New 1626 HST Owner, Any Others? #10  
Hey fellow 1626 HST owners, I have a question for you. I still don't have my tractor. During my demo ride, I didn't do any brake assisted turning. With the brake on the right and the Hydro pedal on the right, I am confused about how you can apply a brake at the same time you have your foot on the forward hydro pedal.

It's a good question and one that I thought of while operating mine one day. Any way you slice it, doing a brake pedal push while your foot is on the forward hydro pedal is not easy to do. As RNeumann said in his reply... swinging a left foot over to work the brake pedal(s) is doable if not awkward. My dad has 3 of the N series Ford tractors and doing the brake assisted turn (as well as the brake assisted traction control) is something that is a fairly regular thing to do.

However - in the owner's manual it is stated that front wheel assist (4wd) can be used in soft or slippery conditions to aid in steering. With power steering, front wheel assist, and a sharp turning radius, I've not yet found a need to use a brake assisted turn on my 1626. YMMV