New Boomer 50 HST price

/ New Boomer 50 HST price #1  

KevinMcD

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
My work is looking at trading in a 2018 Boomer 55 CAB shuttle shift for a new Boomer 50 CAB HST. The dealer is giving us $27,500 on the 55 and price on the 50 with FEL and loaded tires is $36,055. Do these prices seem reasonable?
Thanks.

/ New Boomer 50 HST price #2  
Looking at my dealers spring flier, your price on the 50 is a good price. I can't give a comment on your trade though.

/ New Boomer 50 HST price #3  
I would look at the LS....essentially the same tractor IIRC, and a significant saving. At least when I was shopping last year, and went with the LS4140. Cab FEL, HST, oversize turf, 3rd function and radio for $31k

/ New Boomer 50 HST price #4  
My work is looking at trading in a 2018 Boomer 55 CAB shuttle shift for a new Boomer 50 CAB HST. The dealer is giving us $27,500 on the 55 and price on the 50 with FEL and loaded tires is $36,055. Do these prices seem reasonable?
Thanks.

That just seems ridiculous to pay $30K+ for a compact tractor. You know tractors are a lot cheaper to build than a car and you can buy a nice car or SUV for $36K

/ New Boomer 50 HST price #5  
That just seems ridiculous to pay $30K+ for a compact tractor. You know tractors are a lot cheaper to build than a car and you can buy a nice car or SUV for $36K
You can always buy a used tractor if you think it's too much.

/ New Boomer 50 HST price #6  
Essentially the company is paying 9,500 to upgrade to HST from shuttle shift? This doesn't seem like a very good business acquisition unless I'm missing something. Can the machine increase productivity so that it will increase revenue over what a shuttle tractor would? What is it used for anyway?

/ New Boomer 50 HST price #7  
I was recently quoted $35,500 for a Boomer 50 open station with unloaded ag tires and the standard configuration of two rear remotes, gear transmission, and the 260TL loader. That dealer would have had to have ordered the tractor and I suspect gave me a pretty high quote due to that. List was $38k and change. The list on a Boomer 50 with a cab and loader is $44k plus whatever they want for the hydrostatic transmission. You are getting an excellent deal on buying the new tractor as you are close to 20% off of list.

I suspect you are being lowballed on trading in the 2018 unless the 2018 has a bunch of hours or mechanical problems as the list on a new Boomer 55 gear transmission tractor with a loader is $48k. I would expect you'd be writing them a check for a whole lot less than $8500. I suspect they gave you such a good offer on the new unit as they are lowballing you on the 55 hp one to more than make up for it.

You could always see if the dealer will let you buy the new 50 hp unit for $36,055 without the trade and then sell the 55 locally. I have a hunch they won't.