Buying Advice new bx1880

/ new bx1880 #1  

alflen52

Tractor
new holland 25s
I am considering trading my bx 2200 with 60 in.mower for a new 1880 with loader and 54 mower.has anyone done this and if so any regrets?my needs don,t require the large mower as mowing time is my enjoyment.but I do need the loader.

/ new bx1880 #2  
VIDEO: Is the Kubota BX188� enough tractor for you? - YouTube

Seems like an pretty great expense to acquire a tractor with reduced capability, unless your current BX2200 lacks a Loader. (??)

i mow with a bx2200 and 60 inch mower, works great. I mow about 2 acres with a steep slope down to the river.

Will BX1880 have enough engine power to mow UP your steep slope with a 600 pound Loader + a mower attached ?

Last edited:
   / new bx1880 #3  
Will BX1880 have enough engine power to mow UP your steep slope with a 600 pound Loader + a mower attached ?
Suggest taking the loader off when you mow. It's not that hard.

But still the question stands - why go to reduced power? I have a BX2350, I'm looking at replacing, but that's because it's pretty beat up so a newer one is a good idea. How much HP did the BX2200 have?

/ new bx1880 #4  
It will probably have the power but if it doesn't your going to be very disappointed and you'll suspect that it doesn't at times and it will always be on your mind that the slightly bigger model would have been better. Also the weight of the FEL and having it carry anything of a bit heavy weight will maybe be an issue. You'll have to counter weight the FEL with rear weight so you'll be adding much more than just the FEL and its contents to the tractor.
I know you asked for someone that has done this and us speculators have jumped in but doubt you'll get many responses from someone that has actually done this trade. I have done a lot of trades and I've went up and went down and usually have been satisfied with my down trades but I done them with my own experience from doing so many trades that I was usually an educated trader. I've actually been more disappointed by my trades up in size than trades down but that was early on in my trading experience. My land holdings have also went up and down which has been the reason for some of my trades.
To me the biggest factor with this mostly unknown is the price difference. I doubt the monthly payment between the 23 and 18 equipped the same will be very much. Yes, I think you should take the cash from your BX2200 (My first Tractor was a BX2200 MMM FEL 15 years ago which performed so much above my expectations that I traded it to a B7800 FEL and BX1500 MMM) and finance the BX2380 MMM FEL with the 0% and save the cash or speculate with it or do some sort of saving program with it or just spend it.

/ new bx1880
I do not have a loader on my 2200.great video on 1880,somewhat surprising from a dealer.

/ new bx1880 #6  
Here is a video differentiating between the two types of mid-mount-mowers Kubota offers:

Kubota B261 VS Kubota B265 - YouTube

The mower comparison commences at nine (9) minutes.

The three-range HST on a 'B' will be much better on your steep hill than the two-range HST on a BX.

You may want to consider a Three Point Hitch finish mower too:

Comparing Finish Mowers (midmount VS 3-point) - Kubota B261 - YouTube

Per foot of cut, generic Three Point Hitch finish mower are considerably cheaper than equivalent width, proprietary MMMs.

Last edited:
   / new bx1880 #7  
Can't comment on trading, as I purchased my 2380 outright....first SCUT, and first brand new tractor ever for me. Operated a lot of junky old farm tractors many years ago.

I've really enjoyed my 2380 so far, just over a year, approaching 80 hrs., so no, I'm not on it a ton. I use it primarily for FEL tasks, and for trail mowing at the camp with a 48" Woods RFM. It's capability in relation to it's footprint is quite impressive!

As mentioned earlier, the FEL is quick & easy to remove on the new 80 series, so no reason to leave it on for mowing, unless needed for some reason.

If you're comfortable with the trade, I'm sure you will enjoy a new 80 series. IMO, the most "refined" SCUT available.

/ new bx1880 #8  
I just went from a B6100 to a new TYM T234 and so far very pleased. The price i got on the Tractor, FEL and MMM was $13,900 which was way under the prices on all the other brands. A little larger than others, more lift, larger tires, 5ft bucket and a 6yr warranty. Much more bang for the buck IMO. 50784603_2007515796214262_475077194582851584_n.jpg