New CX2510!

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
Scag Tiger Cat, 61", Kioti CX2510
Just brought home my new tractor! CX2510 HST, R14s, loader w/ 3rd function, BH with 9 and 12 inch buckets, Titan 42" forks. $24,328 plus tax. Got about 5 hours on it already. Knocked out a lot of jobs I've been meaning to do for years. Got a lot more. The only thing I don't like is the non-retractable seatbelt but the dealer might have installed the wrong one b/c the manual says it should be retractable. I'll reach out Monday and see what's up with that. If it wasn't a mistake I'll just buy a retractable one and put it on myself.

PXL_20210312_223825889.jpg

Jchonline

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, X1100C, M62(S)
I doubt that seat belt is non retractable... unless it has an adjustment buckle on it (like airplanes).

Congrats on the new machine and enjoy!

LS Tractor Owner

Tractor
LS XG3025 TLB, Previously MT125 TLB, Craftsman GTS6500
Congrats on the new tractor! Nice package!

K5lwq

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK2554, Branson 4815C, Satoh Beaver, Speedex
Very nice! Congratulation!

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
I doubt that seat belt is non retractable... unless it has an adjustment buckle on it (like airplanes).

Congrats on the new machine and enjoy!

Definitely not retractable. Just ordered one from Wesco.

sleuth

Silver Member
Tractor
between tractors
I configured my CX2510 on Saturday. I’m placing the order tomorrow. Should arrive in less than 6 weeks I’m told.

sparkyjohn

Tractor
Kioti CX2510
I have the same CX2510H, picked it up a couple weeks ago. You have the correct seat belt. I am very happy so far, like you, about 10 hours. Congrats. I need to add that 3rd function, does it look hard to add?

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
Not sure it looks hard but I sure wouldn't have wanted to do it. Someone just posted up a link to all the shop manuals, might want to grab it and take a look at the install procedure.

Username Taken

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
The cx2510 has the same engine as the ck2610 unless I'm mistaken. Which is often.

But it has a 2-Range trans. Both tractors are heavy so I want to ask you about the power. Does it feel sluggish at all? How is it on hills? Pulling attachments??

It's heavier than most of its competition so -- Enquiring Minds and all that

thanks

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
I haven't removed the BH and it weighs around 1000 pounds. I'm guessing with loader, BH and filled rears I'm around 3500 as it sits. Any time I've moved anything with the bucket or forks it's been in low. At idle it feels sluggish but by 1600 RPM its fine. High range requires 2000+ RPM to not strain but once it gets moving you can throttle down. I'm going to take off the BH soon and see if that changes the dynamic.

Username Taken

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
I haven't removed the BH and it weighs around 1000 pounds. I'm guessing with loader, BH and filled rears I'm around 3500 as it sits. Any time I've moved anything with the bucket or forks it's been in low. At idle it feels sluggish but by 1600 RPM its fine. High range requires 2000+ RPM to not strain but once it gets moving you can throttle down. I'm going to take off the BH soon and see if that changes the dynamic.

Thanks, let us know what you think of the tractor's responsiveness and power.

I'm looking at one but am concerned about such a heavy tractor for the engine size.

Also, I wonder what others think of filling the rear tires on such a heavy (yeah, I know it's relative :) ) tractor. Do you really need to??

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
Installed a retractable seat belt from Wesco Performance. So much better than the floppy one that came with the tractor. The retractor box has about a half inch of clearance to the rear remote lever.

PXL_20210401_213835773.jpg

Machinewars

Tractor
CX2510
Installed a retractable seat belt from Wesco Performance. So much better than the floppy one that came with the tractor. The retractor box has about a half inch of clearance to the rear remote lever.

View attachment 692947
Can you point me to this exact seatbelt? I have a cx2510 coming in 2 weeks and not sure which one I need.

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
Got my EA Wicked tooth bar and promptly installed it. Good fit based on measurements I took using their instructions. If you order this for your CX buy a pair of 1 3/4 inch long 3/4 inch bolts to use instead of the 3 inch bolts they send you. Also, be prepared to totally use up a step drill bit to get through this bucket.

PXL_20210504_162412971.jpg

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
Thanks, let us know what you think of the tractor's responsiveness and power.

I'm looking at one but am concerned about such a heavy tractor for the engine size.

Also, I wonder what others think of filling the rear tires on such a heavy (yeah, I know it's relative :) ) tractor. Do you really need to??

With the BH off it's down right spry. No issues with power at all and makes the high range more useful around the yard. I'm current shopping a 3pt hitch quick attach (looking at the Speeco E-Hitch) and a 60 inch box blade. I'm hoping that'll be a better ballast than the longer, heavier BH.

Username Taken

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
With the BH off it's down right spry. No issues with power at all and makes the high range more useful around the yard. I'm current shopping a 3pt hitch quick attach (looking at the Speeco E-Hitch) and a 60 inch box blade. I'm hoping that'll be a better ballast than the longer, heavier BH.
Thanks for the Report!

Keep 'em coming :)

Username Taken

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
Got my EA Wicked tooth bar and promptly installed it. Good fit based on measurements I took using their instructions. If you order this for your CX buy a pair of 1 3/4 inch long 3/4 inch bolts to use instead of the 3 inch bolts they send you. Also, be prepared to totally use up a step drill bit to get through this bucket.

View attachment 699028

I wonder if it would be better to turn the threaded bolt/nut end into the inside of the bucket. Or maybe put a cap nut on it.

Just a thought because I'm AR

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
I wonder if it would be better to turn the threaded bolt/nut end into the inside of the bucket. Or maybe put a cap nut on it.

Just a thought because I'm AR

Yeah I considered that but my thought was I wanted the material to more easily go in and come out of the bucket without snagging or getting hung up.

TOYBARN

Tractor
Kioti CK3510HSE

View attachment 699028
I spy an FJ40 land cruiser hiding in the garage. Fellow FJ40 & lx470 owner.

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7016H
Not sure it looks hard but I sure wouldn't have wanted to do it. Someone just posted up a link to all the shop manuals, might want to grab it and take a look at the install procedure.
Got a link to that? Or to the manuals? Danke.

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
I'll have to do some research on it. Looks like it'd be a good option if you had a hydraulic top link.

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
Finally got my @EverythingAttachments 55 Wicked Grapple. It's badass! The only thing I'd change is request EA install 90s on the end of the hydraulic hoses. The back of the grapple hits the hose on full curl back. The pic below is not at full curl b/c I don't want to wear out or risk breaking the hose. BTW, anyone know what thread size those adapters are between the hydraulic hose and the quick attach couplers? They look like different sizes, upper a little bigger.

PXL_20210817_154421388.jpg
PXL_20210817_221811616.jpg

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor
BTW, anyone know what thread size those adapters are between the hydraulic hose and the quick attach couplers?
3/8" to 1/2" most likely.

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
Also looks like there's some white sealer in the threads. Is that specific for hydraulic fittings like this?

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor
Also looks like there's some white sealer in the threads. Is that specific for hydraulic fittings like this?
Pipe dope for hydraulic fittings. 2 schools of thought about using it though. I've always used it as a lube to get that extra bit of thread engagement, others say its not necessary and can get in the line and plug things up. IMO that only happens if you are sloppy with it. Just a little smear a thread or two from the end wont get in the lines.

DieselBound

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800; Kioti NX5510HC
I use Loctite 545. No worries about it getting into the hydraulic system (like other stuff). Seals well: I've never had a leak when using it.

Tractor
Which One do you want to know about?
Finally got my @EverythingAttachments 55 Wicked Grapple. It's badass! The only thing I'd change is request EA install 90s on the end of the hydraulic hoses. The back of the grapple hits the hose on full curl back. The pic below is not at full curl b/c I don't want to wear out or risk breaking the hose. BTW, anyone know what thread size those adapters are between the hydraulic hose and the quick attach couplers? They look like different sizes, upper a little bigger.

View attachment 710139View attachment 710140
Looks awesome, man!

The threads coming off the hoses are 3/8" NPT with 1/2" NPT thread adapters.

If you give me a call, I'll be glad to send ya a couple of 90s.
828-464-1200
Travis

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
I'm just about at 50 hours on the tractor. The Owners Manual says to change the engine oil and filter and the HST and transmission filter only. Does anyone know if the HST and transmission filters are arranged in a way that only an insignificant amount of fluid will be lost or should I go get some of each to have on hand in case a ton spills out?

pirogue1

Tractor
dixon ztr 30
I seen a video on YouTube where the owner used a shop vac on the fill to keep oil dump to a minimum while he changed the filters.

Also another video show someone accepting the new cx and the dealer told him just wait till 100hrs and do oil and filters then regular maintenance there after.

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
Damn... that walk around video was great! I definitely broke off a zerk and replaced it with a steel version. I guess I'll go ahead and get a few brass ones on order. That's so much more info than I got from my dealer. I wish he said what his recommendations were for the 50 and 100 hour service that's not mentioned in the OM. I think later in the video he mentions changing the engine oil and filter at 50 but that is shown in the OM.

Thanks for posting those.

pirogue1

Tractor
dixon ztr 30
Damn... that walk around video was great! I definitely broke off a zerk and replaced it with a steel version. I guess I'll go ahead and get a few brass ones on order. That's so much more info than I got from my dealer.

Thanks for posting those.

Yes, my dealer was like here’s your new tractor and there’s the door call or email if you have any questions.....

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
I just started my 50 hour services. I changed the engine oil and filter and drained and refilled the axle with 80w90 gear oil. In the above video of the Orchard Hill guy he mentions the axle is filled with hydraulic oil from the factory and that it needs to be changed out with gear oil at 50 hours. I thought this strange but sure enough that's what was in there. While I was looking for the axle capacity (3 liters) I found this warning in the service manual.

PXL_20210901_125450663.jpg

Had I known this earlier I definitely would have swapped out the very thin hydraulic oil with gear oil as soon as I brought the tractor home.

I still need to change the hydraulic/HST oil and filters but I haven't found the right oil locally yet.

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
I got my 90s on. Perfect fit. This is full curl. Definitely want to specify 90s on probably all hydraulic attachments for the CX2510 loader. Them sumbitches were on there tight from the factory too.

Thanks again @EverythingAttachments! This grapple is a beast. Made short work of a couple trees that fell recently. My only complaint is it took me less than an hour to do the work. :p

PXL_20210905_193312987.jpg

LilTractrThatCould

Tractor
Kioti CX2510
These folks are in Spokane if you're still looking for Hydro oil. Mobil 424, $86 OTD for 5g. Cheapest I found. Call ahead and they pull it for ya.
20210920_114841.jpg

slckeys

Silver Member
Tractor
ck4010sehc
Tractor supply around here sells Mobil Delvac for $50 for 5 gallons. Says right on the label..."Also known as Mobolfluid 424"

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
I had Napa order the bucket of MobilFluid 424. Took a day to get it.

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
Is there a Mod on this sub who could move this thread to Kioti Owning/Operating?

Username Taken

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
I just started my 50 hour services. I changed the engine oil and filter and drained and refilled the axle with 80w90 gear oil. In the above video of the Orchard Hill guy he mentions the axle is filled with hydraulic oil from the factory and that it needs to be changed out with gear oil at 50 hours. I thought this strange but sure enough that's what was in there. While I was looking for the axle capacity (3 liters) I found this warning in the service manual.

View attachment 711911

Had I known this earlier I definitely would have swapped out the very thin hydraulic oil with gear oil as soon as I brought the tractor home.

I still need to change the hydraulic/HST oil and filters but I haven't found the right oil locally yet.
I is confuseded. Again

Seems like it says that either can be used in the differential but not to use the gear oil in the transmission.

Makes sense to me. I don't see where it says to R&R the diff oil with 80/90 gear oil.

Mobil's site says it's okay in differentials unless they have a hypoid gear design. Again, I is confuseded. How can you have a differential without a hypoid gear? Unless it's straight-cut gears?? Which. I don't think is possible.

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
I is confuseded. Again

Seems like it says that either can be used in the differential but not to use the gear oil in the transmission.

Makes sense to me. I don't see where it says to R&R the diff oil with 80/90 gear oil.

Mobil's site says it's okay in differentials unless they have a hypoid gear design. Again, I is confuseded. How can you have a differential without a hypoid gear? Unless it's straight-cut gears?? Which. I don't think is possible.

The R&R suggestion came from the video @pirogue1 posted earlier. Rereading the above it certainly does say either oil is ok and in the service manual it states "SAE #90 grade or higher or TM oil" so I guess both work. I am much more comfortable with gear oil in a diff than hydraulic oil although it's not like a vehicle diff that's spinning significantly faster.

On your other point, the front diff gear and pinion gear (obviously they'd be the same) are actually straight cut. gears.
Capture.PNG

Username Taken

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
The R&R suggestion came from the video @pirogue1 posted earlier. Rereading the above it certainly does say either oil is ok and in the service manual it states "SAE #90 grade or higher or TM oil" so I guess both work. I am much more comfortable with gear oil in a diff than hydraulic oil although it's not like a vehicle diff that's spinning significantly faster.

On your other point, the front diff gear and pinion gear (obviously they'd be the same) are actually straight cut. gears. View attachment 714348

Thanks for the diagram. Senior moment on my part. I'm allowed :)

80 weight gear oil is about the same as 20 weight engine oil. 90 weight gear oil is about the same as 50 weight engine oil. So an 80/90 gear oil is roughly equivalent to 20/50 engine oil.

I can't find the viscosity numbers of the Delvac trans oil mostly because I'm not very motivated today. Can't even guess what it might be, but I'm not one that cares a whole lot about heavier viscosity grades of lubricants.

I believe that the perfect lubricant would have the same viscosity as air and have infinite lubricating qualities. Of course, it would have to be in a perfectly machined engine and the metal wouldn't be allowed to expand or contract. Pistons are sometimes 'barrel' shaped so they can expand into the bore of the block. Gears heat up, too.

IMO, most damage done to machinery is on start up. Once it gets older and beat to hades, then it breaks when it gets hot. But, IMO, the real damage was done while it was cold.

Whatever.

Wish me luck when I go to do mine. I might need it. ;)

OP
I

iptman

Silver Member
Tractor
Got a de-thatcher from CMP Attachments. Ordered Wednesday, was on my door step Saturday. I was able to de-thatch my 2.5 acres and lay down fertilizer and seed all on Sunday. Well made unit and glad to support a small business like this.

PXL_20211002_194746489.jpg

PXL_20211002_185021516.jpg