New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!!

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #1  

Glowplug

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040HD
Welcome to the continuing story of my tractor purchase. For those of you jumping over from my previous thread, "M-Series Snag!!!", you probably are aware of much of the story of my tractor shopping and purchase. For anyone's benefit that cares to know I have summarized my overall tractor purchase below in this word document. I must warn you, it's a 6 page document. But it is some interesting reading! For those of you who don't give a crap I won't be offended if you just start looking at the pictures.

I must say, it's good to be a tractor owner!:D I haven't had much time to enjoy it yet though. I will have to schedule a vacation to have a solid week to have fun with my tractor. It is one very sweet ride. But now I'm starting to think about implements! There are so many implements that I've decided I'd like to get. Oh well, I'll just enjoy the FEL for now!;) That's about all I've been doing. I'll get home after dark and just drive around in the pasture. I have dug up some random patches of turf in the pasture only to lay them back down and backdrag over them. It sure is fun!! I'm so happy I just can't stand it.:D

Here are the pictures. Sorry they're at night. I haven't been home before dark.:( I'll post some good daylight pictures soon!!

Attachments

• m7040atNight (Small).jpg
    m7040atNight (Small).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 797
  • m7040.Side (Small).jpg
    m7040.Side (Small).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 713
  • m7040.Loader (Small).jpg
    m7040.Loader (Small).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 654
Last edited:
   / New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #2  
Great looking machine.
Welcome to the tractor owners club!!:eek:

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #3  
Congratulations. It looks great. I really like those rear wheels. I wish my dealer had mentioned those to me. Enjoy your new tractor, good luck and be careful.
fitz

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #4  
chuck, great job on the 6 page story. congratulations. will keep the stories coming of how to use the M7040

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #5  
It's about time LOL, sweet machine and love the canopy, wanted one for mine but it would not last long with my trees!

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #7  
Glowplug lists a bunch of implements he wants including a grapple. I want to add my 2 cents to the grapple topic.

I recently purchased a grapple from Borgford Manufacturing (BoDozer) and want to pass on my experience that: 1. Dale Borgford was an extremely nice and easy person to deal with directly 2. The unit itself is fantastic.

I just got the unit on my tractor (L5030) earlier in the week and yesterday was my first opportunity to put it to work. I was consolidating brush piles in order to burn, and was pulling downed trees from my woods.

The grapple is terrific and I think it will get used a lot. I looked at many grapple options, including Westendorf, AnBo, Erskine, and bunches on Ebay. I'm quite happy with the decision to buy the BoDozer.

BTW, have fun on the new tractor Chuck.

Rick

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!!
DAP said:
I CANNOT BELIEVE you failed to obtain a CAB TRACTOR!!!!!!!!

Oh come on now! That would be over the top!;) :D

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #10  
I don't know about the Cab thing, Maybe if I was a landscaper and spent 8 hours a day on my tractor cutting or plowing fields it might be appealing. I look at the cost of a cab as several implements or 1 complex implement. I am on and off my tractor all the time when I use it and a cab would be a nuisance. I agree in a plow field in the summer and snow removal in the winter it has its appeal. I think when you make a purchase some times 2 grand puts you in the next tractor up. Let face it the tractor is the important part. The implements are add ons. We all work within are personal budget and the luxury of a cab more often gives way to a more practical purchase