New fuel can feature

/ New fuel can feature
By the way, have you ever had a vaper explosion in a fuel can? Been pouring gas and diesel fuel out of fuel cans for at least 60 years and have never come close, also have had enough sense to not pour gasoline on a lit fire, which is about the only way I figure that could happen. Just don't see much need to protect most of us from abject stupidity.
And that new fuel can? As soon as it's empty the screen is coming out and a vent will be added so that it can be emptied in a reasonable amount of time. I am lucky that my tractor has its fuel tank down low and I can set the can on the foot plate to empty it. My old 8n you had to hold it up at chest level and the new safety spouts had you standing there holding it just so for a stupidly long time.

/ New fuel can feature #13  
Recently was on our way into town to fill my diesel cans when my wife suggested that we stop at TSC and get an additional 5 gallon fuel can. I certainly was not going ignore that suggestion! So we stopped in, I purchased a new can and we proceeded to the gas station to fill the cans.
Now we all know what a pain the new safety spouts are and there has been plenty of discussion about that here. Well there is now an additional safety feature on fuel cans; the anti flashback screen. This is a fine mesh gizmo in the neck of the can to supposedly prevent fire from igniting the fumes in the can. What it really does is prevent you from filling the can at anything more than a dribble, the slowest latch setting on the nozzle is too much for and will cause fuel to back up and spill before the nozzle will trip. This screen is also very difficult to extract from the neck of the can, especially when you are at the gas station trying to fill it.
So beware if you buy a new fuel can, take it home and pry the screen out before you try to fill it the first time.
I really never thought that filling a fuel can would be slower than emptying one with the new safety spouts!

Can you please post a link to the fuel vessel .. you're reviewing?

/ New fuel can feature #14  
I have one of the No Spill brand gas cans, and it is even better than the old style. Easy to use, fill and does not spill, like the name says.
Just remove the cap, insert the spout into filler neck and squeeze the valve. I'm hooked! There is a screen of sorts inside, but it does not inhibit flow. They may cost a bit more, but if I need another can this is what I would buy.
1617588831763.png

/ New fuel can feature #15  
I buy No Spill cans whenever I get a new one, and all my gas cans get a pop top vent added to allow the fuel to vent and flow much much faster. Drill a 31/64 hole and use a rubber mallet to pop the vent into the hole. Life is good again!

/ New fuel can feature
I have one of the No Spill brand gas cans, and it is even better than the old style. Easy to use, fill and does not spill, like the name says.
Just remove the cap, insert the spout into filler neck and squeeze the valve. I'm hooked! There is a screen of sorts inside, but it does not inhibit flow. They may cost a bit more, but if I need another can this is what I would buy.
View attachment 693445
Those look like what I bought at TSC. The spout looked good, it's just that darned screen in the neck. I betting that you can't buy a fuel can now that doesn't have it.

/ New fuel can feature #18  
Of course, if all else fails there is alway the Wavian Jerry cans. Supposedly made in Latvia now. I just can't bring myself up to their price.

/ New fuel can feature #19  
Who has decided there's a need for these safety cans anyway? Has there been that many killed or is this just to keep the new wave of idiots from getting killed. My great granddad, my granddad, my dad and myself have all used any bucket or can we can get our hands on and never once had a problem. So what are these idiots doing that require these dumb changes, smoking and they can't be bothered to stop???

/ New fuel can feature #20  
I agree with the comments on the DOT fuel can regulations. However, there are a slew of modifications including vented pour spouts and operable vents that can be found on the internet for very little cost.
An electric tractor would be fantastic.