New fuel can feature

/ New fuel can feature #31  
I will not buy any of the new so called safety cans as they are a health
hazard. Try to fill the gas can it sprays all over and the one I have is
old the the nozzle sticks open so when you pull the nozzle out of the
lawn mower gas tank gas every place and they call it a safety can????
I put a T in my gas line in my truck and added a hose so I just start my
truck turn the valve handle when I have the hose in the lawn mower gas
tank and no more spills and think of the money you can save from not
buying the stupid safety cans!!!!!!

willy
I did the same on my truck with 36 gallon tank... been working great 31 years.

/ New fuel can feature #32  
I have one of the No Spill brand gas cans, and it is even better than the old style. Easy to use, fill and does not spill, like the name says.
Just remove the cap, insert the spout into filler neck and squeeze the valve. I'm hooked! There is a screen of sorts inside, but it does not inhibit flow. They may cost a bit more, but if I need another can this is what I would buy.
View attachment 693445
Using one of those exact can's about two weeks ago put me over the edge with all these new can safety BS bits and parts. The back button broke right off shooting diesel all over my tractor. Emptied my last safety can last week, gonna toss them. I'd already been moving to VP race cans for everything so it was the straw that broke the camels back. Ordered another four pack of the VP cans which will replace the last of my safety cans.

And as a bonus I can get almost six gallons in the VP cans.

/ New fuel can feature #33  
Electric tractor . . .

I think GE made some electric tractors some years back. Guy I know says he had one, liked it a lot. There's also a newish company named Electrek (or similar) which is offering electric tractors. Expensive, not a huge amount of time between recharges. Heavy, though, which is a good thing for tractors.

The changeover to electric tractors will be very slow because our internal combustion tractors have a LONG service life, but eventually, it will happen. We're already seeing it in mainstream automobiles (MustangE, and others).

I try to remember that the stone age didn't end because we ran out of rocks, it ended because something better came along. Same thing will happen here, not today, not tomorrow, but soon.

Best Regards,

Mike/Florida

This is probably the company you are thinking of: Soletrac electric tractors. John Deere is supposedly working on electric units and here is another company that is just starting out: Monarch Tractor. I, too, would love to have an electric tractor. My next road vehicles will likely be electric.

/ New fuel can feature #34  
These safety clowns have to justify their existence to keep their jobs. It is absolutely crazy. These auto close cans make me spill more then the old school ones. Spillage equals evaporation, so the environment is not winning. Now this screen deal... I haven't seen this new mess.

/ New fuel can feature #35  
After years of frustration with all the safety cans I finally got ticked off enough and found a better solution. VP Racing cans. I have yellow ones for Diesel, Red ones for gas, and green for 2cycle mix. They work really well, should last a long time and have none of the safety crap on them. Oh and they really are 5 gallon cans!

/ New fuel can feature
Update on the new fuel can. Emptied it into the tractor today, took it in the shop and extracted the screen, and installed a vent at the base of the handle at the back. The push button spout worked OK, certainly better than the type that you have to hook the bottom of the spout on the fill neck if the fuel tank.
The earlier post about the company going out of business paying for lawsuits resulting from people being extremely careless and stupid is undoubtedly the reason for the anti flashback screen. I just need to make sure I don't loan mine to morons.

/ New fuel can feature #37  
I have one of the No Spill brand gas cans, and it is even better than the old style. Easy to use, fill and does not spill, like the name says.
Just remove the cap, insert the spout into filler neck and squeeze the valve. I'm hooked! There is a screen of sorts inside, but it does not inhibit flow. They may cost a bit more, but if I need another can this is what I would buy.
View attachment 693445

Has anyone ever found these in 2.5 gallons and yellow? I have my fuel cans color coordinated to avoid confusion and the tractor needs to be totally different.

/ New fuel can feature #38  
The EZ Pour Hi-Flow spouts are .. IMHO .. the best.

Five gallons of gasoline dumped .. in under 30 seconds.

/ New fuel can feature #39  
You can have all the OSHA gas cans. I've got a supply of the old fashioned cans with vents. Not about to discard them anytime soon either.

/ New fuel can feature #40  
Has anyone ever found these in 2.5 gallons and yellow? I have my fuel cans color coordinated to avoid confusion and the tractor needs to be totally different.
Try TSC: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/no-spill-inc-diesel-can-5-gal-carb-compliant-1133225?cm_mmc=feed-_-BingShopping-_-Product-_-1133225&msclkid=72b8f66291db1fd3def6960f51920915&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping - All Products&utm_term=4585375807245420&utm_content=All Products

The 2.5 gal diesel cans are hard to find. I’ve been switching from plastic to these metal containers.

Last edited: