New garden tractor coming today!

/ New garden tractor coming today! #1  

Grrrr

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere!
We have a new garden tractor coming later today to replace our Husqvarna LT151 that we bought new last year. (Sold it for me than we paid for it :D)

The new one is a Countax A20-50

I don't think they are sold in the US but they have been around in the UK for ages.

They have a sweeper at the back to pick the grass up so they don't get clogged up.

I will post some pictures later.

This is their website Countax - Britains Best Selling Garden Tractors

/ New garden tractor coming today! #2  
Interesting looking ride you're getting there! I like that the sweeper is integrated, I had to pull a separate one for several years behind my riding mowers. You seem pretty knowledgeable, so I suspect this is a well built, heavy machine. No doubt it will last you a long time, so have fun with it!

/ New garden tractor coming today! #3  
If that thing will really do a 180 turn in 39in I am impressed.

/ New garden tractor coming today! #4  
LOOKS vey interesting. what is appox. cost?

/ New garden tractor coming today! #5  
Nope, there are no LGT lines in the USA yet with Honda engines. You will like the Honda GX engine- I retrofitted one in to my 1980 Cub Cadet, very nice, smooth power!

-Fordlords-

/ New garden tractor coming today!
Sorry I have taken so long to get back to this post, I have been very busy recently with various farm things.

And I still need to take some pics of it :mad:

But I am very impressed with this thing.

The first thing I noticed was the size of it. It is built like a tank. There is no sheet steel on it :D

The Honda engine is very smooth and quiet. It has a lot of power.

This is one of the first HST's I have had and am very impressed with it. I like being able to shuttle forwards and backwards under trees really easily. I have to rember to change gear now in the other tractors.

Everthing on this machine is electric! You don't have to pull any lever at all.

The collector on the back picks up all of the grass, even when it is soaking wet. It am yet to get it clogged up. It also leaves very nice stripes on the lawn.

The only thing you have to remember with the collector brush on the back is to lift it up every time you go into reverse or drive over somewhere you have allready collected and rolled. Otherwise it scarrifies it :rolleyes:
All you have to do is flick one switch on the dash and it comes up though.

The deck cuts really cleanly and also does a good job on much rougher grass. It will mow 1' high rough field grass and collect it all up and leave it looking like a lawn.

And when you come to empty it you just back up to the area and press another button and it dumps it.

The mower is made in the UK, which is nice.

As for price, we bought it with 346 hours on the clock for £2200 ($4350)

New they are about £5000 ($9930)

This might seem expensive but lawn mowers and tractors in general are a lot more expensive in the UK.

For example a John Deere X748 lists at about $13,379.00 (£6738) in the US.

In the UK the same model goes for £12000 ($23,824 :eek:)

/ New garden tractor coming today! #7  
Jake, the 20/50s are a real nice machine, I think if I were in a positon to buy a new machine I'd be getting one. Thats a dang good deal too!
I have worked on them quite alot, they are much better to work on that most other makes, and parts a pretty cheap.
Cheers

/ New garden tractor coming today!
Mith
You don't happen to know of any 50" IBS collecting decks for sale anywhere?

It came with a mulcher which works well but we like to collect. It works fine when the grass is short but when it is longer it leaves a small line of grass on one side.

We might have to go new, but the decks are pretty expensive from Countax :mad:

/ New garden tractor coming today! #9  
Sounds like an exceptional machine you got yourself into. I hope it keeps working out well...

As far as prices go, I really don't understand how you guys live over there! The prices are pretty the same for what we pay for things, number wise, but the exchange rate makes the cost twice as much for us. I don't believe the average income is as much as here, either, though I could be wrong. I know its the exchange rates that are throwing me off...

/ New garden tractor coming today! #10  
Jake, sorry, I dont know of any. The 20/50 arent too common. Your best bet is finding someone who wants to swap, it isnt really practical finding someone who wants to swap round here though as you are so far away.
BTW, you probably know, but your Countax is the same mechanically as a Westwood (V20/50) so you might find a deck off one of them.