New GMC Pickup - Was The Right Time To Trade In The 2003

/ New GMC Pickup - Was The Right Time To Trade In The 2003 #1  

WM75Guy

Elite Member
Tractor
NH Workmaster 75, NH TC40DA
My 2003 GMC 2500HD with 217K miles was a great truck but it was starting to show it's age. Trailer lights were not working, had to have the fuse block replaced. While I was at the dealership this caught my attention. Dealer offered me $10,000 for my 2003 so I traded it in. Of course I get the hand me down truck, Momma gets the new truck.

I was surprised GM is not offering much in the way of cash off or special financing. I get supplier pricing through work which cut $5K off MSRP. Since the Fed has started raising interest rates and is promising to keep raising them I did not want to wait.

Attachments

• 2017 GMC 1.jpg
    2017 GMC 1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 315
  • 2017 GMC 2.jpg
    2017 GMC 2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 233
  • 2017 GMC 3.jpg
    2017 GMC 3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 328
   / New GMC Pickup - Was The Right Time To Trade In The 2003 #2  
My 2003 GMC 2500HD with 217K miles was a great truck but it was starting to show it's age. Trailer lights were not working, had to have the fuse block replaced. While I was at the dealership this caught my attention. Dealer offered me $10,000 for my 2003 so I traded it in. Of course I get the hand me down truck, Momma gets the new truck.

I was surprised GM is not offering much in the way of cash off or special financing. I get supplier pricing through work which cut $5K off MSRP. Since the Fed has started raising interest rates and is promising to keep raising them I did not want to wait.

Very nice! My old '02 King Ranch only has 80k miles on it; guess I'll keep it forever. That is a beautiful truck though.

/ New GMC Pickup - Was The Right Time To Trade In The 2003 #3  
Looks great! I have a 2014 Sierra 1500 that has been a great truck -- very comfortable, drives nice, and been super reliable so far.

/ New GMC Pickup - Was The Right Time To Trade In The 2003 #4  
I would consider trading my 08 Duramax with 163KMS, except I am not crazy about the new interior styling, and wish they would offer it without the center console. A total waste of space, if you ask me. I am also not crazy about my leather and wish they would bring back nice color and textured fabric seats! Not like a plastic tablecloth!

/ New GMC Pickup - Was The Right Time To Trade In The 2003
You can still get a 60/40 split front bench with cloth. You would probably have to order it as the dealers only order what sells fast and most people want bucket seats.

/ New GMC Pickup - Was The Right Time To Trade In The 2003 #6  
I don't have a center console in mine. For all practical purposes, you still get what looks/feels like bucket seats, there's just a center section grafted on to the passenger side.

/ New GMC Pickup - Was The Right Time To Trade In The 2003 #7  
The last six months are so have been expensive putting money in the truck. The truck is a 2002 that I bought at the end of 2001 and it is close to 220,000 miles. Things are just wearing out that have to be fixed which is to be expected. Prior to these bills the only thing that needed fixing was the CPS, which Ford finally fixed to stave off a big laws suit, and the hydraulic clutch assist. The truck has been rock solid and the best vehicle I have owned. :thumbsup:

Looking at the prices of new, or not too old used, trucks and I wonder who in the heck has money for these things! List price for a replacement of my current truck is over $60,000! :shocked: A few years ago I was looking at a Jeep with a diesel and it's price was just as bad. :confused2:

Me thinks this is my last truck, certainly it will be my last diesel truck, at these prices. Maybe get a gasser but even a F150 is still pretty danged expensive!

Later,
Dan

/ New GMC Pickup - Was The Right Time To Trade In The 2003 #8  
I see no reason to have a "cockpit" style cabin in a pickup truck. Maybe many couples want that wall between them, who knows. Maybe a plexiglass partition that goes up to the roof would be a good option. Soundproof, possibly electronic darkening and separate stereo and HVAC.

My 08 has basically been a good truck, except tor the flaky technology. Recently, I am loosing one glow plug, after another. No biggie, right? Well wrong. First it's expensive. But worse, the engine light is on. When it's on, I loose my remote start. But worse, I can't put the tranny in tow mode, so I risk damaging my Allison! How, utterly, completely stupid is that?

/ New GMC Pickup - Was The Right Time To Trade In The 2003 #9  
I see no reason to have a "cockpit" style cabin in a pickup truck. Maybe many couples want that wall between them, who knows. ...

I miss the bench seats in my older cars and trucks. But then again, with seat belt and headrest laws these days, even if you had a bench seat, its too hard to get your right arm up and around your gal's shoulder anyway without getting a ticket. ;)

/ New GMC Pickup - Was The Right Time To Trade In The 2003 #10  
I plan to keep my 2008 2500hd a long time. Only 32k miles.