New Holland 6610S - How to remove fuel/water separator filter

/ New Holland 6610S - How to remove fuel/water separator filter #1  

kbright

Tractor
Ford 3000
I致e tried turning black ring on housing at top of filter to no avail - didn稚 want to break it. See picture. 111388A1-7AFA-4D8E-8B32-ACE8F2458C65.jpeg

/ New Holland 6610S - How to remove fuel/water separator filter #2  
Turn the black ring to the left as you face it. It will turn a little less than a quarter turn then drop down. Slide the ring off the filter and pull the filter straight down off the filter head. Try pushing upwards on the ring until it turns a little.

/ New Holland 6610S - How to remove fuel/water separator filter
Thanks - didn’t want to break it. Will try this afternoon after church.

Thanks - didn稚 want to break it. Will try this afternoon after church.

That was exactly it! Had to get a big pair of slip pliers. The fellow I bought it from told me he hadn’t changed oil in 6-1/2 years - I doubt he had change the fuel filter in 10-12 years. He is in his 80s and probably didn’t put 25 hrs on it in last 8-10 years. The ring and filter had grown together. It has 2 pre-separators before the filter - the 1st one ran pure water for a full minute! Don’t see how it ran like it did! THANKS!!!

Another question: I have a shop manual (useless for operation and maintenance) - order a operators/service manual from EBay - think I got shafted! - haven’t seen it. Shop manual says check and fill are same for 6610S - fill tube smaller than a pencil - would take a year to put 56 qts in. After looking everywhere, I assume fill plug is one of bolts in transmission cover? Should have taken picture.