New holland t4020 with 810tl curl leaks down while running

/ New holland t4020 with 810tl curl leaks down while running #1  

Mallard1

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320
My FIL has a NH t4020 with a 810tl with 1000 hours on it. Just recently the curl started leaking down while running and when off. it will completely leak down in just a minute or two, enough you can watch it and see it move. there is no issue with the boom. If you curl it back it will pull back up and then leak down. the curl doesn't seem to be weak when lifting, just leaks down. there are no visible hydraulic leaks. this loader has a valve on the cross bar up front that I believe all 4 lines run into and 8 lines run out to the cylinders, I'm not sure how this works or its purpose. any help would be appreciated.

/ New holland t4020 with 810tl curl leaks down while running #2  
Pistons could be leaking in cylinder. Valve could be out of adjustment. You need to isolate the problem. Make sure valve is loose when in center. May just need adjustment.

/ New holland t4020 with 810tl curl leaks down while running
what is the best way to isolate them? just unhook or do i need to cap the lines?

/ New holland t4020 with 810tl curl leaks down while running
swapped the curl and lift lines around coming out of the valve today and it still is leaking on the curl function so I assume it is one (or both) of the curl cylinders needs repacked.