New Holland TC-40

/ New Holland TC-40 #1  

SCOOBY14B

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660 Ansung B2504 FE loader and Kubota MMM
I am wanting to buy a new NH TC40. I have been comparing the NH TC40, Kubota L3710, and JD 990. Side-by-side comparisons the NH comes out ahead in just about every catagory except ground clearance (1" less than Kubota). I am wanting 4wd, R-4's, 12x12 SS. I like the visibility off the NH, like the frame and feel of the NH. Only thing is that I live in Georgia and they are assembled in Ga (Dublin). Local dealer hasn't got a TC-40 in stock and he said they have had some problems with their tranny's not passing test. He said they have figured out what the problem is but he wont be able to get one until late in the year, which isnt a real problem. I am trying to find people who have or have run these tractors and what their opinions and tips are for them. I see plenty of people have the TC40D, but I want the 12x12. Thanks for reading.

/ New Holland TC-40 #2  
Scooby, I will have my new TC40D Boomer delivered to my farm in about 2 weeks and I'll let you know how I like it. Aside from the transmissions, I'm sure overall, they will work the same. Is NH having problems with the manual gearboxes? I sure haven't heard a word about it! Good luck! Sam

"I love the smell of diesel in the morning."
Cummins powered 24V Dodge Rams rule!

/ New Holland TC-40
As far as I know it is only the 12x12 shuttle shifts tranny's.

/ New Holland TC-40 #4  
It is seldom that you will ever use the lower 4 gears and they have so much leverage that it is possible to tear something up with them. They will come with warnings of where to use them and where not to. On most tractors, the top speed at PTO is a tad above 1 mph in the lowest range of a 12 speed.