New Holland TC35/40/45 Owners

/ New Holland TC35/40/45 Owners #1  

WVH1977

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40, Hitachi EX100, Gravely Pro-Turn 152
I have a 2006 New Holland TC40 I bought new. It is my first and only tractor, as of right now. I have had 11 years of nothing but solid performance from this tractor. I have never had one mechanical issue with it. The only thing I would change on it is those plastic/composite rear fenders. They have some cracks in them. It has always started on the first turn of the key, no matter what the weather has been. I feel really fortunate to own this tractor. I have pulled stumps, dug big holes with the loader, hours of tilling my garden, moved hundreds of piles of tree limbs and brush, and graded out lots of land. I have pushed this tractor as hard as it will go and it keeps on getting it. I can't do everything single thing that I want to with it, but most everything within reason that you would expect from a 40hp tractor. I also love the design of the hood. I can see everything I am doing with the loader. It has just been an all around great tractor. Looking back on the purchase, the only thing I would maybe have done differently now is bought the TC55 instead. That was also a nice machine.

I looked at new tractors a couple of years ago and there were a couple I really liked. I even looked a the new New Hollands. I was not as impressed with the newer Boomers compared to my tractor. I thought really hard about getting rid of my tractor and upgrading to a newer one. However, I would always come home and get on mine and none of the new ones seemed to fit me like the TC40. I am glad I kept my tractor. Plus it is paid for.

I would like to know from other New Holland TC owners if you have had the same experience with your tractors as I have had with mine.

/ New Holland TC35/40/45 Owners #2  
I have a 2006 TC45A that I bought new and it has about 1700 hours on it now.

I feel similar to you. I really like the 45. My plastic fenders have cracked also, and a new one is about $500, so I've patched them.

This is actually my second New Holland. My first one was a TC35. It was just a little under powered for my needs, but I really liked it, so I traded it for the 45.

About 3 years ago, I added a Kubota L5740 to my fleet and now I don't use the New Holland as much. Again, I needed something a little bigger in my business, and the Kubota has a cab.

We still use the New Holland around the shop a lot, but it doesn't travel on jobs with me so much anymore.

I didn't even consider getting rid of my New Holland when I added the Kubota.

/ New Holland TC35/40/45 Owners #3  
I guess I've got the baby in the family-a 2002 TC40S which just turned 600 hours.
I use it primarily to mow a few acres, haul tree/brush debris to the burn pile, split winter firewood and row crop a decent sized seasonal vegetable plot. It's probably the only TC in the entire country with a FEL dock mounted permanent shotgun scabbard.

Attachments

• MIE16.JPG
    MIE16.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 276
  • tss.8.JPG
    tss.8.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 269
   / New Holland TC35/40/45 Owners #5  

1. My tractor services several different properties that I own, one of which is very remote, heavily forested without any cell phone coverage and located well within a vast cannabis growing region of California and no, I don't grow or use pot.
2. Because I can.

/ New Holland TC35/40/45 Owners #7  
I understand about N Cal., having lived there 30 yrs ago and traveling there a few years back. Thanks.

/ New Holland TC35/40/45 Owners #8  
That's what I'm talking about!

The better question is, why have I never thought of doing it?

When I first started to work up this scabbard design I wanted to include some spare ammunition bandolier type storage (12 rounds, four wide three deep) searched the hardware store for twelve gauge rounds diameter compatible tube stock and found that natural gas pipe was the closest, very close-solvented off the asphaltic coating and to my surprise the pipe was blued!
Had the individual 1/4" birdcage loops bent in pairs at my local machine shop-instructed them to be bent perfect as to angle but wild as to short length-took them home and used my grinder to true them then welded the pairs into individual units.
Here are a couple more photos of the welded up steel birdcage/nylon scabbard/twelve gauge pistol grip shotty which is through bolted onto the port side FEL dock:

Attachments

• tss.1.JPG
    tss.1.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 207
  • tss.6.JPG
    tss.6.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 253
  • tss.7.JPG
    tss.7.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 203