New House Build in WV

/ New House Build in WV #511  
Geez, sorry to hear that!

/ New House Build in WV #512  
Sorry you got it.

/ New House Build in WV #513  
Sorry to hear about the Covid. For me, I just slept through it. Just be careful not to over do it too quickly. I went back to work after 3 weeks of sleeping, and I had to take another week off to recover.

/ New House Build in WV
Sorry to hear about the Covid. For me, I just slept through it. Just be careful not to over do it too quickly. I went back to work after 3 weeks of sleeping, and I had to take another week off to recover.

Just before it hit me, I had prepared part of my yard for seeding. A couple evenings later, just before we were going to get some rain, I thought I felt good enough to sow some grass, 15 minutes in, my energy was in the negatives and I had to get back to the couch. Haven’t bothered to try anything since.

I’m fortunate that I’m being allowed to do my work from home, only taking leave when I have too. They don’t expect to see me back in the office for a couple weeks.

/ New House Build in WV #515  
Just before it hit me, I had prepared part of my yard for seeding. A couple evenings later, just before we were going to get some rain, I thought I felt good enough to sow some grass, 15 minutes in, my energy was in the negatives and I had to get back to the couch. Haven’t bothered to try anything since.

I’m fortunate that I’m being allowed to do my work from home, only taking leave when I have too. They don’t expect to see me back in the office for a couple weeks.
Be prepared for no/low energy for 3-4 weeks. Be glad you all got a mild case of it. I'm thankful y'all are past the worst of it. Now you have immunity for some time. Down here in the heat, you almost can't even open the front door to look outside. When the heat hits you, you almost pass out with zero energy.

/ New House Build in WV #516  
You're right about the heat. I had Covid in December 2020 and felt I was getting stronger and lasting longer, every week. By May, I thought I was completely recovered and everything seemed back to normal for me. Then Summer hit and by the time I got home, I was worn out. Not just tired, but so exhausted that I couldn't function. I need to write bids for clients to get jobs and it's usually a pretty simple process, but my mind was just blank. My wife calls it Long Haulers. In the last week or so, the temps and humidity have dropped and all of a sudden, I have more energy!! I hope it gets better over time and I can function next summer. Right now, it's a mystery.

My wife was on Hydroxychloroquine when we both got covid and her symptoms where different. She lost her sense of smell and taste, but never lost energy or had the fatigue that I had. I never lost my sense of smell or taste. She had cancer 3 1/2 years ago, she has asthma, lupus, heart murmurs, and takes a variety of meds every day. I didn't have any health issues and I don't take any meds. She recovered in 2 weeks and has never had any other issues since then. The big difference was Hydrox. She was on it, I wasn't.

/ New House Build in WV
Really appreciate all the well wishes and shared Covid experiences.

We are all recovered nearly to normal. Still a little bit of taste/smell changes, and energy isn’t completely back, but we are all feeling pretty good.

Recovering from Covid has been easy compared to my herniated disc in my lower back. The sciatic pain is still at a miserable level, so no real work getting done. I had an MRI on Wednesday so hope to get those results back this week. I’ve read it can take up to 6 months to heal, hope it doesn’t take that long. This has been the worst health issue I’ve had in my 39 years. I guess I’m lucky there but I’m ready to move on from it.

Anyway, back to work tomorrow it have a feeling sitting at my desk isn’t going to be too comfortable.

Hope to start my master shower this week, so I’ll post pictures once I get it going.

/ New House Build in WV #519  
Any updates?

/ New House Build in WV #520  
When I built my house, my front porch had the best view. Over time, it became the place to hang out, and eventually I fenced it in and made a backyard out of it for the dogs. We are now flipping the house so the back entrance will be the front door. I got it totally backwards when I built it ten years ago.

That nearly happened to us. I hired an architect to go over my hand-draw plans and he wanted to change it so that the front of the house would face the road!!!

Luckily we caught it before it went to permitting. The odd thing is that he lives in the country himself.