New House Build in WV

/ New House Build in WV #531  
And Eddie would end up sleeping in the barn if he gave them away.
True, but it would be worth it. I do like having them, I just hate paying to feed them!!!! Fortunately, we are finally starting to work on building our fence. It's early still, but I have my corner posts set and I'm starting to work on getting it all done. Once that's done, I'll have a lot more pasture for them, and my hay usage should decline significantly.

/ New House Build in WV
Its been a while so I figured I’d give an update. Outside of the house is pretty well finished, still need to work on trim on the inside. I hate finish carpentry so it’s easy for me to keep putting it off. Still working on landscaping and have a dozer coming next week to finish the dirt work behind the house. Here’s a picture from yesterday.
IMG_8729.JPG

Also got my Cummins generator installed. Hard check to write but sure is nice not worrying about power going out every time the wind blows. Just wait a few seconds and it’s back on.
IMG_8730.JPG

Work on the house and everything has been slow this summer because we lost my wife’s mother unexpectedly back in June. It was a hard loss that just took a lot out of us.

We did finally manage to get all our hay up for the horses. What started out as one has somehow turned into 3……..here’s a picture of 2 of them.
IMG_8634.JPG

And my wife on her horse.
IMG_8688D.JPG

Hope everyone is having great summer!

/ New House Build in WV #534  
Sorry for your loss.

The house and horses look great!!!

/ New House Build in WV #536  
Sorry for your loss.
Was wondering how your house was doing. What fuel for the generator?

I’m looking in WV for some property, but over on the eastern side.

/ New House Build in WV
Sorry for your loss.
Was wondering how your house was doing. What fuel for the generator?

I’m looking in WV for some property, but over on the eastern side.

Generator is natural gas. We have had a few over night outages since it was installed and not having to worry about dragging and fueling the portable generator has been great. It’s super quiet, at least compared to the regular gas unit, I have to walk outside to hear if it’s running or not. No louder than my A/C unit really.

WV has some very nice property if you can find the right spot. Regulations on home owners are pretty slim compared to some of the stuff I read about here, at least in the unincorporated areas. It could be different in some city limits though, I’m sure.

/ New House Build in WV #538  
IMG_6026.JPG

Going to put in offer on a 5.6 acre lot.