New hydraulic top link won't clear the lift arms on my B-series

/ New hydraulic top link won't clear the lift arms on my B-series #1  

tallguy104

Bronze Member
Tractor
B2301
I recently purchased a hydraulic top link for my Kubota B2301 and when I connect it all up the hydraulic hose fittings won't clear the lift arms of the 3-point hitch. I.e. when you raise the lift arms they collide with the outer edge of the 90 degree elbow:

IMG_6329-1.jpg

Any suggestions? Is there a way to make this top link fit? It seems like the top link and fittings were designed with a larger tractor in mind...

/ New hydraulic top link won't clear the lift arms on my B-series #2  
Can you get a 90 degree elbow that's male threads on both ends that would screw directly into the cylinder and then attach the hose to it? It looks like eliminating the adapter/coupling would provide the clearance.

/ New hydraulic top link won't clear the lift arms on my B-series #3  
Where did you buy the hydraulic top link from ?
Were the hoses hooked up like that when you bought it ?

/ New hydraulic top link won't clear the lift arms on my B-series #4  
It appears to have an o-ring to npt adapter in the cylinder then a pipe swivel elbow to the hose;
as has been mentioned an elbow o-ring to npt fitting should fit better.
1646129294306.png

this type of fitting.

/ New hydraulic top link won't clear the lift arms on my B-series #5  
Interesting - my top link is from FitRite. The connectors on both ends are like LouNY suggests. I would still have clearance if they were like the OP's. I think Lou has the answer.
IMG_0159.jpeg

/ New hydraulic top link won't clear the lift arms on my B-series #6  
My hose connections are on top. Yours will work. Just get the right fittings per Lou.

/ New hydraulic top link won't clear the lift arms on my B-series #7  
Yep. Get the right fittings.

You have an adapter, then a 90° fitting then the hose. Either consolidate to one fitting that is both the 90° and adapter all at once. Or 90° first then adapt to the hose. Easy as pie.

/ New hydraulic top link won't clear the lift arms on my B-series
Ok, cool. Thanks guys. I'll see if I can figure out what I need to buy and then order it.
My dealer supplied it to me, along with the hoses and fittings, but I don't think they've ever sold one to a B-series owner. They sent a bucket load of fittings with it, few of which fit as they were all too large.
It's not easy to chase the dealer about it, as they are nearly a 1000 miles from here (I live out in the boonies)

/ New hydraulic top link won't clear the lift arms on my B-series #9  
A banjo fitting is also a good alternative if you feel that the 90 degree fitting that Lou suggested doesn't provide enough clearance on the arm.

9191-06.png

/ New hydraulic top link won't clear the lift arms on my B-series #10  
A banjo fitting is also a good alternative if you feel that the 90 degree fitting that Lou suggested doesn't provide enough clearance on the arm.

9191-06.png
Not Sure about AU, but finding banjo fittings in the US is terrible. We normally replace them with O-Ring Boss (ORB) due to rarity.