New inventory at JD dealers?

/ New inventory at JD dealers? #1  

Colorado56

Tractor
JD d170
Hi everybody, I've been reading here for a long time and you've answered all my questions without me even asking, thank you!
I've reached the end of life with my little D-170. I've pretty much decided on X-738 but I cannot find one to even sit on to try for size, for over a year now. I've been calling my JD dealer in Parker, CO every few months with no luck. Has anyone bought an X-700 series lately?

/ New inventory at JD dealers? #2  
Try Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. There are plenty of used ones for sale, probably near you. You could always go sit on one of those.

/ New inventory at JD dealers?
Thanks much for the responses. None to be found in my state. I'll place an order for the X-738 and see how it goes.

FWIW - My current 2017 Lowe's JD does fine for mowing, the 54" deck is excellent, but now the K46 transaxle is moaning and groaning (240 hours). I pull a 15 gallon sprayer on occasion and a lawn sweeper. I replaced the steering gear and it's failing again. The Kohler engine has been perfect.

I use a 2003 Sears GT3000 dedicated for snow blowing, also has a trustworthy Kohler. I've replaced the steering spindles a few times. Too much weight for the little garden tractor (I hate lifting the snow blower too). Surprisingly, the K46 transaxle has held up okay (600+ hours). Winter-only must be helpful with no dust, no grass clippings, and cold air.

If all goes well, next winter I'll attack my long and steep driveway with 4wd and hydraulics and send my two old ones to the boneyard.

Last edited:
   / New inventory at JD dealers? #6  
Good Luck in your search! Are you willing to travel? I usually travel up to 300 miles for used tractor parts.