New KIOTI DK 45 SE HST

/ New KIOTI DK 45 SE HST #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
Hi Folks
Thanks to a number of folks on this board I made the decision and I just had delivered a new DK 45 SE HST with cab. So far I have less than 1 hour on it.
What a difference from my old 1985 Zetor 5245!!

Apart from the compact physical size, I am having an interesting time getting accustomed to the different location for the controls - I reach for the loader controls and grab air, I press on the forward pedal because I want to brake, I try to lift the box blade on the 3 PH and I raise the bucket instead, I depress the clutch (I know - I don't have one) and hit the brakes .....

It is evident that there is some un-learning to do as I get familiar with this new machine and I believe I am up to the challenge.

I do have a couple of questions about noises that are new to me.

The bucket level indicator rod seems to rattle quite loudly in the tube - I can easily hear it inside the cab. Is there anything I might to to quiet this down.

When I am switching from forward to reverse there seems to be a squealing sound before I begin to move backwards. Is this normal or just something that is happening because it is new or something I need to have the dealer check?

Any ideas?

Bob

/ New KIOTI DK 45 SE HST #2  
Congrats and Welcome to the Pack!

The level indicator on my CK20HST loader was rattling after years of use and I found the bolt that the rod attached to was loose. I tightened it until I couldn't budge it with a 24" breaker bar and it's been quiet since.

/ New KIOTI DK 45 SE HST #3  
If it is rattling is that bad grease up the rod real well..
The squealing noise may be your relief valve opening because either you are in to high of a range or not enough rpm's
Keep in mind a hydro is designed to run higher rpm's governing the speed of the tractor by the infinity speed foot pedal.

/ New KIOTI DK 45 SE HST
Thank you gentlemen.

I will tighen and grease as recommended.

Also, I will likely get less noise from the transmission the more I drive this machine and the sooner I unlearn my old habits.

Cheers
Bob

/ New KIOTI DK 45 SE HST #5  
Hi Folks
Thanks to a number of folks on this board I made the decision and I just had delivered a new DK 45 SE HST with cab. So far I have less than 1 hour on it.
What a difference from my old 1985 Zetor 5245!!

Apart from the compact physical size, I am having an interesting time getting accustomed to the different location for the controls - I reach for the loader controls and grab air, I press on the forward pedal because I want to brake, I try to lift the box blade on the 3 PH and I raise the bucket instead, I depress the clutch (I know - I don't have one) and hit the brakes .....

It is evident that there is some un-learning to do as I get familiar with this new machine and I believe I am up to the challenge.

I do have a couple of questions about noises that are new to me.

The bucket level indicator rod seems to rattle quite loudly in the tube - I can easily hear it inside the cab. Is there anything I might to to quiet this down.

When I am switching from forward to reverse there seems to be a squealing sound before I begin to move backwards. Is this normal or just something that is happening because it is new or something I need to have the dealer check?

Any ideas?

Bob

I came from a geared Mahindra to the DK45SE HST back in March. Yes there is a learning curve. Just keep in mind that the pressing forward in an attempt to stop (hit the brake) can have severe negative results.

Another really hard thing to get used to is running the high RPM's that are required for optimal performance on HST tractors. It can suck the diesel pretty fast and of course the worst part is you have to really turn the radio/CD player up really loud to hear it. :)

I also had similar vibrations with the FEL. I did have to tighten the tube that the bucket indicator slides in to. Also the "legs" that are used when you remove the FEL will rattle when the RPM's are at a particular speed.

But the good news is, this tractor is a working son of a gun, not to mention warm in the winter and cool even in Arkansas summers. Enjoy.

/ New KIOTI DK 45 SE HST #6  
Other than engine speed and to high of a gear range for your tranny squeal, don't forget that pushing the pedal down to fast will do the same. I have the CK30hst and had to get used to it over a geared tractor. From previous posts, 2000 rpm's seems to be the key to give the hydro tranny what it needs to do work. It will move at a slower rpm but you should be able to tell it just doesn't seem to have good power. I use the two second rule when pushing the pedal its full travel and the tranny responds well.

Enjoy the new toy and have fun.

/ New KIOTI DK 45 SE HST #7  
That darn rod was the first thing I pulled off the tractor. Useless.

/ New KIOTI DK 45 SE HST #8  
I wrapped my bucket level indicator around a big tree branch. That fixed the rattling for good. Now I have a memorial pretzel in my shop. Haven't missed it.

/ New KIOTI DK 45 SE HST #9  
. Also the "legs" that are used when you remove the FEL will rattle when the RPM's are at a particular speed.

I also noticed that the first day I had my DK40se. I jammed a couple of shim wedges in where the rattle was and have never heard it again.

/ New KIOTI DK 45 SE HST #10  
This may not be the best place to enter, but I want to share comments I made in a Mahindra thread where I received some help with question I had. Copied: "Well, after a lot of research on this site, other sites, talking to tractor owners and visiting dealerships, I ended up buying a Kioti DK 45SE HST. Many factors contributed to the decision. These included the dealership's willingness to work with me on price and making modifications to the tractor as well as helping me save money by advising me on wise choices on buying implements. In fairness, the other dealerships in my final four tractor choice competition were also very good and factored heavily into pushing their respective tractors to the front of the line. The final four, alphabetically, were (all HST): Kioti, Kubota L4600, LS R4047, Mahindra 4035. All great tractors IMHN(novice)O. The Kioti DK45 was the best fit, on balance, including the experience with Bill and Todd at Tractor Hill Equipment in Mineral, VA. I anguished at passing up on the Mahindra because it was the shortest, widest and heaviest of the four and has wide tires - all adding up to stability on the ground (key to a novice doing FEL work and having to bush hog on some side slopes). No tractor in this group came close on width to length ratio and overall mass. Unfortunately, this model does not have a Mitsubishi engine and its engine is a 3 cyl, tier 4 with the smallest displacement of the group and runs at higher rpm to reach its rated HP. All of the other choices are still available in tier 3 and are 4 cyl with bigger engine blocks. The LS had the shortest FEL clearances( by a significant amt , given that the side walls on my dump truck are 7ft from the ground and I have some dirt mounding to do around the farm) and is the narrowest; The Kubota was the lightest and had the lowest lift FEL capacity. The Kioti gave each of the others a run for their "money" in each category and was best in some. I will not go into an itemized comparison but features that would have required various degrees of modification on each tractor and which each dealership was willing to make at reasonable costs are: three sets of hydraulic remotes in the rear, a third function front remote, steel reinforcement to the FEL bucket edge (to prevent bending with chained loads), and 3 welded chain hooks to the steel added to loader bucket. At my request, for added protection when bush hogging where I ought not to, Bill at Tractor Hill Equipment will also weld a steel shield over the hydraulic lines and oil filter under the tractor. . . Tractor Hill is a very impressive Kioti dealership. I will be asking Bill and Todd if it is possible to swap out the R 4 tires with a wider set; again, my preference. I felt that I owe the contributors to this forum some follow-up and thanks for your help in my tractor buying experience. You guys with Mahindras have some awesome tractors, no doubt, and I am sure that there are legitimate arguments to challenge my consideration of factors in choosing between tractors. However, I am confident that my final four comprised great machines and I expect to be very pleased with my final choice of tractor and dealership."
So, I have joined the pack of Kioti owners/workers. I will be arranging a delivery date after modifications are completed and look forward to putting the Kioti to work. I have a 300 yard gravel driveway that is in major disrepair. Weather and ground conditions permitting, fixing it may be my first undertaking. I have learned a lot about doing so from TBN discussions for which I am grateful along with my gratitude for all of the Kioti discussions of, positives and negatives, which helped in my choice of the DK45SE HST.