New Kubota L6060HST Cab and Loader

/ New Kubota L6060HST Cab and Loader #1  

Red Eye

Tractor
kubota L6060, JD Model A, Grader, Excavator, Dump Truck, Harley Softail, KTM 500xcw
I recently traded in my 10 year old 3300hrs L3430HST "open air" for the newer L6060 HST version, except with a cab.

Just at the 50 hour mark, so can't really say much except that I'm going through some teething pains right now mainly with the hydrostatic steering.

Anyone out there with the new L 60 series with the new hydrostatic steering have issues?

/ New Kubota L6060HST Cab and Loader
What sort of issues are you having?

The steering wheel will lock for a split second at random, frequently enough to be totally annoying.

Also, the steering will decide to lock and not let me turn at all until either moving forward or backwards, which makes it almost impossible to hook up any 3 point equipment.

To top it off, on a crowned road, the steering will "leak" so as you have to continually turn the wheel to keep from going into the ditch. In 30 seconds, I need about one turn on the wheel, so on my 1.5 km (0.9mi) driveway, I am not looking forward to plowing snow this winter.....

The machine has been back to the dealer and they say the pressures are up and that steering is acceptable.. that is the nature of hydrostatic steering.

I purchased the machine with a "3rd Function" remote which the dealer installed.... I'm thinking something wasn't done right.

/ New Kubota L6060HST Cab and Loader #4  
Mine does nothing like this. Something is definitely wrong.

/ New Kubota L6060HST Cab and Loader #5  
Locking up definitely is not normal, but for a while my L5740HSTC drifted about the same amount on crowned roads, but after being checked out, I was asked to try it a while longer and over the next couple of months stopped. Some small amount of drift may remain, but it is not enough to really notice.

/ New Kubota L6060HST Cab and Loader #6  
I wish u luck, hopefully you have a good dealer and a better regional rep. I have a M6040 HDC that has had issues since it was new. If u have any load in bucket, let say a load of dry dirt or a 1500lb round bale, u cant turn the wheel unless u move back or forward and then it jerks as it moves. The loader wont lift properly and curl bleeds off. Kubota says u can have speed or capacity not both so they claim curl bleed is normal. Had machine back twice, no change. I went to another Kubota dealer looked at a used M8540 with loader. At idle or at @1700rpm the loader would not curl down and lift front of tractor. At idle it wouldn't do it, salesman says rev it up, At the 1700rpm it wouldn't, Salesman says well it is just exceeding the capacity!! Look at Kubota website on warranty work. It is the responsibility of owner to bring machine to dealer for warranty work! Poor way to do business.

/ New Kubota L6060HST Cab and Loader #7  
I wish u luck, hopefully you have a good dealer and a better regional rep. I have a M6040 HDC that has had issues since it was new. If u have any load in bucket, let say a load of dry dirt or a 1500lb round bale, u cant turn the wheel unless u move back or forward and then it jerks as it moves. The loader wont lift properly and curl bleeds off. Kubota says u can have speed or capacity not both so they claim curl bleed is normal. Had machine back twice, no change. I went to another Kubota dealer looked at a used M8540 with loader. At idle or at @1700rpm the loader would not curl down and lift front of tractor. At idle it wouldn't do it, salesman says rev it up, At the 1700rpm it wouldn't, Salesman says well it is just exceeding the capacity!! Look at Kubota website on warranty work. It is the responsibility of owner to bring machine to dealer for warranty work! Poor way to do business.

"The steering wheel will lock for a split second at random, frequently enough to be totally annoying.

Also, the steering will decide to lock and not let me turn at all until either moving forward or backwards, which makes it almost impossible to hook up any 3 point equipment.

To top it off, on a crowned road, the steering will "leak" so as you have to continually turn the wheel to keep from going into the ditch. In 30 seconds, I need about one turn on the wheel, so on my 1.5 km (0.9mi) driveway, I am not looking forward to plowing snow this winter.....

The machine has been back to the dealer and they say the pressures are up and that steering is acceptable.. that is the nature of hydrostatic steering.
" red eye

this is not normal. maybe restricted flow for some reason, sorry can't help with your problem. must be frustrating. my 8540 w/530 hrs purchased new has been flawless in the hydraulic& steering problem you describe, & i've pushed the fel to the max in numerous tasks. best, & let us know the outcome. :confused:

/ New Kubota L6060HST Cab and Loader
Thank you for your responses. Now I am somewhat reassured that my situation, although not common, is shared by some of you as well.

I shot a couple of videos and forwarded them to the dealer, who forwarded them on to Kubota Canada.

The dealer (service manager) seems to be on side with me, it is just that the last time my tractor was at the dealers, they could not reproduce any of the issues, except for the "locking-up" of the steering when stopped. Although I am not happy, they said this was normal.

The "twitching" of the steering wheel appears to only happen when using the front end loader.... but randomly, so I have yet to pin it down to exactly when it happens, I know it is worse using auto throttle advance, so it seems to be related to an oil starvation problem. It always will happen when changing direction forward to back or back to forward, but have to still get it to consistently fail before I take it back to the dealers.

I have now shot another video of how the steering "leaks" off to the side on a crowned road and will forward that one to them as well because they couldn't reproduce that issue in their small crowded parking lot.

When the dealer had the L6060 , they let me use my old L3430 and it was a joy to use, compared(steering-wise) to the new tractor.

I will keep you posted.

/ New Kubota L6060HST Cab and Loader #9  
Our L6060 HSTC (2013, new to us this year) does NOT do this. Steering is fine.

Question for you though - does your dash match the owner's manual in terms of the regen buttons? I can't figure out if the left hand button should be left on (lit up) or off to have the automatic regen function. The button in the tractor seems the opposite in terms of its symbols to what is in the manual. Manual shows an image like below - tractor shows similar with a "no smoking" type line through the left hand button. So can't tell easily if automatic mode means button pressed or button left off.

L4060HSTCC-5.jpg

/ New Kubota L6060HST Cab and Loader #10  
Every time you restart the tractor, it is in automatic mode. Only use button if you want to manually regenerate. In auto mode, it will flash on the dash letting you know it needs to regenerate. You can scroll thru the various screens and one shows the %. Once it starts, you can idle up. A different light will flash if you do not have the RPM's high enough. I believe the book has 3 or 4 steps you have to do to manually regenerate. Hope this answers your question.