New Kubota M7060!

/ New Kubota M7060! #11  
Thanks Mathias. I am very confused now after doing further research about swapping out the tires. The tractor came from the factory equipped with bias Goodyear 9.5-24's on the front and the 16.9-30's on the rear, cast wheels all around. If I want to change to the 320/85R20 and 420/85R30 radial tires will that mean new front rims AND re-gearing the front axle? I am new to Kubota and not very experienced with newer (post 70's) tractors. I don't understand why the pizza cutters are so prevalent in the US on these midsize utility tractors.

Whichever tires we end up with will definitely be loaded. I'm not too thrilled about having the tier 4 emissions system either, I would have preferred to get a well kept 7040 but the old man is dead set on a NEW tractor (majority of the money going toward the tractor is his so I can't complain).

To change to the Kubota optional radial tires you will not need to re-gear the front axle but the radial front tires will almost certainly use different front rims. Not sure about the rears but I doubt it.

Generally, rims/tires are swapped as a set (all 4). Tire changes are most cost effectively done before the tractor is ordered. Your dealer may rape you if you decide to do so now. I know that mine would.

Cast rear centers is an entirely different issue. If you did not order cast rear centers (cast centers are available only for rear wheels) you may wish to reconsider. Cast centers add (don't nit pick) 500-600 lbs. to the rear axle vis-à-vis the standard stamped centers without adding width. The cost for cast centers (when ordered) is reasonable. Again, your dealer may rape you if you decide to change to cast centers now.

I ordered my M9960 with cast centers as I never use liquid ballast (I change/repair my own tires.) I also ordered a single pair of rear weights. More weights would have added to the overall width of the tractor as I have my rims adjusted. I also ordered a ballast box. A ballast box is much more effective than liquid ballast, cast centers, wheel weights, etc., when doing FEL work, as it is mounted behind the rear axle and is, therefore, a counterweight. Ballast boxes are not particularly expensive and take up less space than other three point mounted implements sometimes used as counterweights.

SDT

/ New Kubota M7060!
To change to the Kubota optional radial tires you will not need to re-gear the front axle but the radial front tires will almost certainly use different front rims. Not sure about the rears but I doubt it.

Generally, rims/tires are swapped as a set (all 4). Tire changes are most cost effectively done before the tractor is ordered. Your dealer may rape you if you decide to do so now. I know that mine would.

Cast rear centers is an entirely different issue. If you did not order cast rear centers (cast centers are available only for rear wheels) you may wish to reconsider. Cast centers add (don't nit pick) 500-600 lbs. to the rear axle vis-à-vis the standard stamped centers without adding width. The cost for cast centers (when ordered) is reasonable. Again, your dealer may rape you if you decide to change to cast centers now.

I ordered my M9960 with cast centers as I never use liquid ballast (I change/repair my own tires.) I also ordered a single pair of rear weights. More weights would have added to the overall width of the tractor as I have my rims adjusted. I also ordered a ballast box. A ballast box is much more effective than liquid ballast, cast centers, wheel weights, etc., when doing FEL work, as it is mounted behind the rear axle and is, therefore, a counterweight. Ballast boxes are not particularly expensive and take up less space than other three point mounted implements sometimes used as counterweights.

SDT

Well the thing is when we decided on the tractor at the dealership they had a 2018 model in the lot with the standard bias tires, no 7060 tractor in their lot had radials. They suggested that rather than order one, they usually prefer to take a similar tractor from the lot and have their "excellent" service techs install all of the options we wanted, detail, and deliver it. The tractor has single digit hours and had come from the factory only a few months ago, so we agreed. The only problem is that I forgot to tell them that I wanted the bias tires swapped for radials. I'm trying to convince my father that it's well worth it for us to pay for new front rims and the extra cost of the radials as long as its not an outrageous price difference. Don't you think under these circumstances, since they suggested we take the one from the lot, the dealer shouldn't have that big of a problem with getting us the radials? I emailed the salesman handling our purchase and he's going to get back to me tomorrow (hopefully).

The tractor will definitely have the 12 speed trans + standard features that come with that, a cab, wide adjusted rims, cast centers, fluid filled tires (we have adequate tools and equipment in our shop to remove and move the heavy tires if needed), air ride seat, third function loader valve, 4 in 1 bucket, skid loader coupler, and radio. Also I'm planning on making a heavy duty steel ballast box for the 3pt eventually. Although it takes up more space behind the tractor, I can grab a big round bale for extra rear ballast when doing heavy lifting until I get around to making the ballast box.

/ New Kubota M7060! #13  
I put Firestone radials on the rear of my M7040--16.9x30-- and the difference in tillage and traction is dramatic. I usually put radials all around but the 9.5x24 is not a good option. I can find that size in an import but would prefer the 20" front wheels. Kubota won't sell the wheels in this country and it costs around $340 each to have them made. Even then, I would prefer the Kubota wheel. I've posted pics of my Firestone radials here so a search would show the pattern I picked. It's an impressive photo.

When I do get the 20" wheels, I'm probably going with bias tires on the front and the Firestone radials on the rear. You can't buy the 20" Firestone in the USA. The 20" as bias would be just fine up front for my use so that's my current plan that's subject to change. I also have cast rear centers and have added two rear weights to each side and sometimes 5 or 7 front weights up front. It's all good.

We need to get those Kubota wheels in this country. Can't someone pull some strings? :D

/ New Kubota M7060! #14  
Hello and welcome. We took delivery on our M7060 this spring. I also didn't like the pizza cutter front tires. We ordered it with the 320 radial front tires and 480 radial rears with cast centers. The cast centers and loaded tires make the machine very stable. Since you mentioned the hilly terrain, I'd definitely recommend loading your tires with Rim Guard. If you didn't get the the cast centers, I would also add 2-3 sets of wheel weights.

Good luck!

Like Mathias, I ordered mine with the 320 radial (front) and 480 radial (rear) tires with cast rims.

Inasmuch as we have a lot of muddy terrain, I wanted as much "grip" as I could get. I'm very happy I made that decision.

/ New Kubota M7060! #15  
Well the thing is when we decided on the tractor at the dealership they had a 2018 model in the lot with the standard bias tires, no 7060 tractor in their lot had radials. They suggested that rather than order one, they usually prefer to take a similar tractor from the lot and have their "excellent" service techs install all of the options we wanted, detail, and deliver it. The tractor has single digit hours and had come from the factory only a few months ago, so we agreed. The only problem is that I forgot to tell them that I wanted the bias tires swapped for radials. I'm trying to convince my father that it's well worth it for us to pay for new front rims and the extra cost of the radials as long as its not an outrageous price difference. Don't you think under these circumstances, since they suggested we take the one from the lot, the dealer shouldn't have that big of a problem with getting us the radials? I emailed the salesman handling our purchase and he's going to get back to me tomorrow (hopefully).

The tractor will definitely have the 12 speed trans + standard features that come with that, a cab, wide adjusted rims, cast centers, fluid filled tires (we have adequate tools and equipment in our shop to remove and move the heavy tires if needed), air ride seat, third function loader valve, 4 in 1 bucket, skid loader coupler, and radio. Also I'm planning on making a heavy duty steel ballast box for the 3pt eventually. Although it takes up more space behind the tractor, I can grab a big round bale for extra rear ballast when doing heavy lifting until I get around to making the ballast box.

Good luck with that.

The purpose of the dealership is to make money for the owner(s). Your interests are well down the priority list.

Yes, you will likely be able to get your preferred radial tires on your 7060 but you will pay substantially more than you would have paid had you ordered one from Kubota with the radial tires.

SDT

/ New Kubota M7060! #16  
I ordered mine with cast tears and radials. $1800 upgrade and well worth it. IMG_2152.JPG

/ New Kubota M7060! #17  
   / New Kubota M7060! #18  
Pulled the following from the August 17, 2016 Wholegoods price list in the event it helps the OP. The "add" is over the standard tire/wheels.

AG - RADIAL REAR
AMR8586 F-TIRE 320/85R20 R1W ALCE FRMPRO 150 lbs Add $ 436.00
AMR8588 R-TIRE 420/85R30 R1W ALCE FRMPRO 341 lbs

AMR8586 F-TIRE 320/85R20 R1W ALCE FRMPRO 150 lbs Add $ 1,736.00
AMR8587 R-TIRE 420/85R30 R1W ALCE FRMPRO CAST 618 lbs

They can be purchased outright (ex: as a second set). Price is for each tire/wheel assembly:
AMR8586 F-TIRE 320/85R20 R1W ALCE FRMPRO 150 lbs $ 595.00
AMR8588 R-TIRE 420/85R30 R1W ALCE FRMPRO 341 lbs $ 1,200.00
AMR8587 R-TIRE 420/85R30 R1W ALCE FRMPRO CAST 618 lbs $ 1,850.00

So to gain 544 lbs of weight using cast wheels on the rears will cost $1,300 to do so.

I hope the OP can get the desired radial tires for just the price adder over stock.

Good Luck!

/ New Kubota M7060! #20  

Thank you. I didn't realize it was a fixed wheel but that's OK.
I can buy a custom made quality wheel for $325 each and then I have to buy the tires. It looks like the Kubota front tire price is $595 each but then I have my old tires that a dealer was going to take in trade for me. Maybe Kubota sells just the wheel so that's something I can look into since I'd like to stay with Kubota parts.