New LED Light Bar, Work Lights, & Operator Fan

/ New LED Light Bar, Work Lights, & Operator Fan #1  

snymat68

Platinum Member
Tractor
RK24H, Gravely 8123
Note: The operator fan addition is yet to be completed. I will add it to this thread once it's done, so check further down in the thread for it in a few days.

Last night, I finished installing and wiring my new lights.
Whoever thought it was a good idea to put the stock headlights directly behind the loader bucket must have been smoking something good.
You can see by the before and after pictures from the drivers seat it makes a huge difference.
The rear work lights should be nice for using the backhoe. (I removed the stock rear work light above the rear remotes.)
I used automotive grade, waterproof connectors everywhere.
I also added a new fuse block up front which is powered through a 40A relay that's only energized when the key is on.
And of course I had to finish things off with nice vinyl labels. :)

Disclaimer:
I had planned to clamp the angle iron to the ROPS using square u-bolts. I even bought them and mocked it up. But I just couldn't get past the fact that it looked very unprofessional as well as being dangerous with corners sticking out past the ROPS. I finally decided to just tack the angle to the ROPS. I know, I know. I've now affected the structural integrity of the ROPS etc, etc. It was a calculated risk I was willing to take. HOWEVER, I only placed three 1/4" tacks at each end, so heating of the ROPS was minimal. If anything, I'm betting that angle actually increases the strength or the ROPS. Either way, it's done, looks professional, and doesn't have hard edges or bolts sticking out to catch on things or hit my head on.

Lights are Traveler brand from Tractor Supply.
The light bar draws 10A and the work lights draw 1.25A each.

The fan info will be added in a couple days with the fan pictures. (Stay tuned.)

01.jpg
02.jpg

03.jpg
04.jpg

07.jpg
08.jpg

05.jpg
06.jpg

09.jpg
10.jpg

11.jpg

/ New LED Light Bar, Work Lights, & Operator Fan #2  
Nice work. Your placement of the switches solves my question mark of where to put mine.
What is the charging or voltage and amperage capability of the alternator on the RK 24s?

/ New LED Light Bar, Work Lights, & Operator Fan
40 amps

6-3.PNG

Last edited:
If all goes according to plan, I should have the operator fan finished up tonight and be able to post up some pictures tomorrow.

It's a tractor! It's a helicopter! It's..... AN OPERATOR FAN!

16" radiator fan from Advance Auto.
Easily removable when not needed.
Rubber "pins" drop into holes in angle iron and prevent vibration.
Turnbuckle clips to ring and is used to adjust angle of fan. (Good when seat is flipped for backhoe operation.)
Designed to fit under canopy when canopy is installed.
Moves a lot of air and is fairly quiet.
Should really come in handy on hot days!

F1.jpg
F2.jpg

F3.jpg
F4.jpg

F5.jpg
F6.jpg

F7.jpg
F8.jpg