New life for a TX2160

/ New life for a TX2160 #1  

Quarryscapes

Tractor
Iseki TX2160
Having been searching for a small cheap tractor with loader to make use of round "the farm" (Not a farm, just fields and horses) I eventually found this locally. It came with a spare rear end and miscellaneous bits from a donor, which are proving handy. It is theoretically operational, but is in need of some overhauling. It was kept outside by its previous owner, which hasn't done it much good, but hasn't yet killed it. This is actually my first tractor, so it's a lot of fun!

The loader is a Lews Agri one, and the hydraulics are a real bodge.

Having been sat outside the bucket needs a bit of patching

It's got an unusal arrangement of single curl cylinder and single acting lifts, so it can't dig but doens't ned a float spool in order to scrape.

This is the tank connection for the loader spool valves. Not good. Even worse now I disturbed it changing the waterlogged oil and it lets oil spew everywhere.

Feed for the loader spool valves

It had supposedly been servoced recently when I bought it, but the transmission oil barely registered on the dipstick and was badly emulsified from standing outside with poor sealing everywhere, so I changed the fluid and suction filter.

The fuel filter was also missing and the bowl harbouring some lovely weetabix.

I also took the chance to replace the broken tacho cable, which was a lot less accessible than I thought when I started the job!

/ New life for a TX2160 #2  
Congratulations on your acquisition. It may not win any beauty contests but it is a tractor after all. At least it's old enough it can be worked on by the owner.

/ New life for a TX2160
Congratulations on your acquisition. It may not win any beauty contests but it is a tractor after all. At least it's old enough it can be worked on by the owner.

Thanks! Indeed, it's been putting in some good work over the weekend with a homemade levelling bar (Not even sure it deserves that title since all I did was drill some hoeles in a scrap piece of C channel and the previous owner's tow frame and added some nuts and bolts). This got dragged around one section of the hay field where the horses had been allowed winter graze for an hour or two smacking out the divets followed by another hour or two dragging a roller around smoothing down the mess I made.

It was also in action last weekend rescuing the stricken lawnmower after the steering chain snapped in the woods, where it was innaccessible to anything but the little tractor.

Also putting in sterling work this week has been Evaporust. The spare has had the hydraulics removed and a good long soak in evaporust for some of them has yielded good results. I'm hoping to re plumb the hydraulics using the valves from both tractors, though I need to work out what configuration will be best suited to our needs.

This is the spare spool valve from under the seat. A Walvoil SD5 in single acting configuration. The lever was seized up solid and wouldn't budge, but when I started taking out the wasted hydraulic lines it was clear it had oil still in it.

A little disassembly found the problem!

The manifold block has come up a treat in Evaporust, as has the spool from the valve.

/ New life for a TX2160 #4  
:Least you have good rubber. You don't even want to know what new treads cost today.

/ New life for a TX2160 #5  
You have made a good start, good luck with everything your planning.

Chris