New LS MT 125 missing parts and loose components.

/ New LS MT 125 missing parts and loose components. #1  

jdeilus

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT 125 (still waiting for delivery)
I had my MT125 for a month and a half now. Although I still like my tractor, but I can’t help to list some issues. For those who have or will receive your tractor soon, Go over it with a fine tooth comb. I found a second pin missing on my front end loader. This one was to the FEL stand. You need it when you remove the loader. As for loose components: My backhoe valve cap screw keeps coming loose. You got to pull up the boot to see it. You will notice it if there is too much free travel on the valve. Next time it comes loose, I will put a new lock washer and lock tight on it. The lever nut came loose too. My front end loader valve had issues too. There was a nut that came loose inside the valve. I had to pull up the zip tied boot to see it. I was able to retighten the nut. Again you will notice it if your FEL has too much free travel. I had to readjust the joystick too because it would hit my throttle when I move it to the left.
I personally think that LS is trying to push these through so quick that they are missing Quality Control.
Being a retired Army Mechanic, I tend to want to make repairs myself. I do let my service guy know what I’m about to do and make sure I’m not voiding the warranty. The service center is a half hour away and I have no way of getting my tractor there. They will charge me to pick it up and return even though it’s under warranty.
My next step is to rummage through the box of 3 point hitch stuff to see it it’s all there. I got 15 hours left before my 50 hour service. I will most likely find more loose components.

I still love my little beast though.

/ New LS MT 125 missing parts and loose components. #2  
I don't know about LS, but Kubota's final assembly happens right at the dealer. If you have a good relationship with your dealer try making a list of the missing parts and present it to him. Maybe he'll give them to you to install. Check all your wheel and loader torques.

/ New LS MT 125 missing parts and loose components. #3  
I've had my MT125 for almost a month now, put 20 hours on it the first week. Dug a hole big enough for a mommy van, scraped and leveled an area the size of a basketball court, used the FEL to move broken concrete, carry stuff to the dumpster (filled it twice!) and as a crane to lift a boxblade out of my trailer... All I found was a missing retaining clip on the backhoe travel lock and the backhoe hyd fluid level was low. My neighbor's BX23 groans when there's anything more than 300 lbs in the FEL... and even with the backhoe I paid thousands less than he did without one..
Even his wife says mine is prettier :)

Worst thing I can say about the LS is: the toolbox location... what were they smoking??