New LS XR3135HC In My Future?

/ New LS XR3135HC In My Future? #1  

PJSprog

Elite Member
Tractor
LS XR3135HC
Apologies in advance for the long-winded first post.

The wife and I recently inherited part of her recently deceased Grandmother's farm. We got the house, barn, small lake, and 5 acres. Half of that is a mix of pasture and field behind the barn, which we plan to convert to all pasture once the corn is out. There was a JD 3720 that is a few years old, but it went to her uncle (that thing has been nothing but trouble from day one anyway). So, we find ourselves in need of a compact utility tractor. I've been shopping around for the last couple of months, doing on-line research and visiting dealers. We considered Kubota, New Holland, Massey-Ferguson, Mahindra, and LS ... basically, anything not green and with local dealers. I started looking at the used market, but she wasn't interested in older tractors and the potential troubles that come with them, and wanted something new. We also had a budget in mind, as we're remodeling the house as well. Everything kept pointing back to LS. We wanted a climate-controlled cab, as summers tend to sizzle here, and winters get fairly cold with sometimes generous snowfalls. We also have a problem with ground hornets in the pasture. So, cab it is.

After reading tons of stuff, much on this forum, I finally decided to check out the LS XR3037HC. There is a dealer a couple towns over from us, so I checked with him. He didn't have one in stock. I really wanted to check out the cab. I found that there is also an assembly/distribution center outside a small town about an hour's drive south and east. I called them and inquired about the 3037, and was told that it had been discontinued, to be replaced with the XR3135HC. They'd had four of the 37s, but the last one just shipped out a few days earlier. So, I took a drive out there this past Saturday morning to see the 3135. I was not disappointed. That place had more tractors than I've ever seen in one place. There must have been hundreds of them, some assembled, some still needing wheels, and some still in crates stacked two-high and several deep. It was a sea of blue paint. The gentleman I'd talked to on the phone was the son of the gentleman who greeted me. We discussed my needs, and he showed me a nearby 3135. I walked around it, sat in it, and took it for a spin around their lot. Again, I was not disappointed. Talk about sharp, easy turns! Drove like butter.

He threw an initial price at me, I took some pics, and headed back home. I showed the literature and pictures to my wife. She liked it, and gave me the go-ahead to start negotiating (she's the house accountant, after all). I'm planning to see what they can do with the tractor, loader, rear blade, and a 5' cutter package deal. Then, see what the local dealer can do for the same. I'd honestly like to go through the local guy, as he would be much more convenient (20 minute drive vs an hour) for any service or warranty work. He also seems very friendly (as did the distributor guys). We'll see how it goes.

/ New LS XR3135HC In My Future? #2  
Fingers crossed for you on the deal... Please send pics when you get her to the farm certainly!

Side note: I will be living vicariously through you until I get mine in September so post a ton will ya?! :thumbsup:

/ New LS XR3135HC In My Future?
I'll try, Reload5. Not in a great hurry, but would like to be able to finish cutting the out-of-control pasture. Seems the green thing isn't going to do it. Hope to know something in the next couple of weeks.

What are you getting?

Meanwhile, here's a pic of the one I took for a spin.

IMG_0255.JPG

/ New LS XR3135HC In My Future? #5  
Getting same model XR3135HC - Looked at the XR4140HC but it just looks like too much for what we need... We close on the property next month so the very minute I get the green light from the CFO then I am there o'dark thirty with a trailer to pick it up!

Thinking grapple and power rake plans at least for the first 6 months...cedar and rocks.

Update:
The Wife brought up the tractor again last week, so we took another trip to the assembly/distribution facility so she could see and test drive one on Saturday. They didn't have any cab HSTs available, so she drove an open station XR3135H around their property a bit, played with the loader, and came back to where we were standing with a big grin on her face. :D She liked it. She sat in a 41xxC gear tractor to get a feel for the cab. Her first reaction was, "Wow, that air is cold!"

So, we bought the XR3135HC. As they still have to assemble it this week, delivery is scheduled for next Saturday morning.

I think she's even more excited than me.

/ New LS XR3135HC In My Future? #7  
What town is the distribution center located? I may have to take a trip to look one over.

It's Ski Equipment and Assembly just outside DuBois IL, just east of US-51, west and south of Mt. Vernon.

/ New LS XR3135HC In My Future? #9  
Awesome, thanks for the quick response. Anything you don't like about yours?

No, nothing I can honestly say I "don't like" about it. There are some things that could be improved, as with any tractor. They've added a rear 3PT control option since we bought ours, which I want to add. The right-side steps on the cab model are nearly useless, so I'm thinking of removing it and replacing with a tool/chain box. 4WD and Diff Lock indicator lights would be nice. Even as it came, though, it's a great little tractor. We don't use it a lot like many members here (just passed the 20 hr mark over the last 10 months), but it's been very beneficial when we do. If I had to do it all over again, I'd buy this tractor again.