New M59 finally arrived!

/ New M59 finally arrived! #1  

Charlesaf3

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030, Kubota M59 TLB
I love it. (I know, highly unusual with a new tractor... ) Messicks just delivered it on Wednesday.

Great operators station, though their could be more room for my knees when I spin.

Backhoe is really strong - pushed over some 40' 5" diameter trees to check it out.

Got the hydro thumb - nice, especially for moving rocks and logs, though I want to reverse the pedal.

I like the new features, though auto throttle, with bucket off and weight on the hoe, can lead to popping a wheelie. I may make a safety post about this.

The M59 is a BEAST at moving dirt. Really amazing.

Got front diverter and 3 remotes, though top and tilt hasn't shown up yet - still not in production. I'll probably leave the hoe on until Tnt comes.

Other interesting things were a used ATI Preseeder (ie Harley Rake), Compact Attachments 4n1 bucket with toothbar (love this) Kubota bucket for bulk (still unused) 24" and 12" quick coupler buckets for the hoe, and a woods rear blade with Gauge wheel.

Also got a set of Delta QA 3pt hooks - love front QA so much I thought I'd see how rear QA was. And equally important, the m59 links aren't telescoping, and after getting used to the telescoping ones on the b3030, I thought the combo of that and half ton attachments would get to me.

/ New M59 finally arrived!
Oh - a few random criticisms (I'm sure others will come).

Front visibility of the bucket is ok, but not great - a result of the size, even with the dropped hood. I'd like having rear view mirrors too, and will try to get some that clamp onto the ROPS.

Kubota has got to be devoting engineering talent to making ridiculously small toolboxes. The m59 one might even be smaller than the one on my B3030. Though at least the cupholder wasn't designed by the completely mad, unlikelike the 3030.

I don't really love the intellipanel on the side - no real reason most of that couldn't be on the dash to my mind. But not a big deal.

/ New M59 finally arrived! #3  
Congratulations, I knew you would love it. I am very impressed with mine. I think Kubota could have made some type of fastner to hold up the foot stand up when taking of the backhoe off though. I just put my backhoe back on, very easy. I have not had a chance to use the thumb yet. Still thinking on getting the front remotes. I have the back 3.

Glad to hear the backhoe is easy - I confess I'm afraid of that process. I got putting the woods bh 80x on and off my B3030 fairly quick eventually, but it was a good, frustrating, hour before I got it on the first time. Any tricks to the backhoe removal process?

Not sure what you mean by the foot stand, but I've no doubt I'll find out.

The front remote is great for me - my hydraulic post hole digger works much better on the front of the M59 than it does on the B3030. I dug some sonotubes with it and literally laughed - each hole took no more than 15 seconds. And I like the 4n1 so far, though its clear that there is a learning process there, and I am at the beginning. Haven't tried my grapple with it yet, but I already know its a useful piece of equipment for me.

I also have the skid steer version of the Preseeder - it seems like the M59 will actually run standard flow skid steer stuff, though I'll see when I actually try it on the Preseeder, which has decent flow requirements as its basically a hydraulic rototiller.

So all in I see the front diverter being useful, with the general ability to rent skidsteer attachments, if indeed this works.

On that front, I asked, and Messicks rigged up a toggle so that I can set the front flow to run constantly without holding the buttons down on the joystick. Nice for sweepers, or other constant flow stuff.

I've used the thumb to pick up some decent sized oak logs - that led to popping the wheelie. Also moved a lot of heavy rocks I dug up with the 4n1 - I really like how useable the backhoe is on the fly - spin, grab the rock, spin forward.

/ New M59 finally arrived! #5  
if the hoe is the same design as my 48, that thing should come off and on quite easily and quickly.

/ New M59 finally arrived! #6  
Todays project: Take a bunch of pics for my fellow TBNers..... especially the 4 n 1.

/ New M59 finally arrived! #7  
Would love to see a short video of you taking the hoe off that baby.. Looking forward to the pictures.. Man after seeing the M59 in person, I keep dreaming about it.:D And my wife even liked the looks of it. but sure not the price..:eek:
She told me in short order that I got a new Lund 1825 pro-Guide in the spring. So the new Kubota is out this year.
Pete

I know, gotta take some pictures! Don't have to do construction stuff today, so its going to be a tractor day :D

I'm sure that much as people would enjoy seeing me take the hoe off, I really don't need a record of that on the internet!

In exchange I'd recommend the fine work of Larry, Moe, and Curly :p Just imagine them removing a backhoe....

/ New M59 finally arrived! #10  
Congrats on the new M59. It sounds amazing.

Great operators station, though their could be more room for my knees when I spin.

How tall are you?

my hydraulic post hole digger ...

What brand and model?
I assume it's the one shown on your Avatar.

I asked, and Messicks rigged up a toggle so that I can set the front flow to run constantly without holding the buttons down on the joystick.

Another picture, if possible, would be great to see. That's a terrific idea.

Enjoy the M59!!!!