New member, looking to have some questions answered.

/ New member, looking to have some questions answered. #1  

J.Wal

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L3130
Am fixing to buy a Mahindra 3616 4x4 shuttle. I live on 5.5 acres and it is just on top of the mississippi river bluff just north of Memphis TN. My land is all woods and hill/ gullys. I know there are some parts I won't be able to bush hog but I am planning on using it to push downed trees ( cut to manageable pices) and basic residential management.

My question is should I have the tires filled, will shuttle be what I need? I test drove one today and I liked it. Are there any questions I should ask my dealer and what would be a good price on these?

Anybody in the memphis area know any good dealers?

/ New member, looking to have some questions answered. #2  
:welcome: to Tbn.

I know nothing about that machine! But to help someone to answer your question what size trees are you talking about. When I lived in Texas hills and gullies had one defintions than what it does now that I live here in the pacific northwest. Supply us with some more detail and you'll get answers! :thumbsup:

/ New member, looking to have some questions answered.
Here is a small part of my back yard. I am not looking to push alot, just take my back yard back and manage it from now on.

819a534b.jpg

d041c7d2.jpg

54922496.jpg

/ New member, looking to have some questions answered. #4  
Dealer near Millington and one on 51 just off town square in Hernando. Can't reccomend one over the other, but those are your closest.

I have been to the one on 51, but have never bought a tractor before. Is it like buying a car/ truck, you talk them down off the sticker price? I have read people get package deals, as of now I was quoted a 3616 was 17,200 and 795 for a 5' bush hog. Should I try and get quotes from all the local dealers, try to get a package together?

/ New member, looking to have some questions answered. #6  
You may have more leverage with tractor and attachment purchases. My dealer closed the deal when he gave me a free set of quick attach forks for my TC35.
Good luck and send pictures when ya get the new gear home.

/ New member, looking to have some questions answered. #7  
I would recommend filling the rear tires. It makes a big difference in stability and traction. Unless you are finish mowing where compaction and rutting is a problem the ballast will help with your hills.

MarkV

/ New member, looking to have some questions answered. #8  
I have 2 tractors, a Mahindra 2810HST with 106 loader and the second a Kioti DK35SE HST with 351 loader, both have quick tach loaders and the Kioti has Rim Guard loaded rears. Yes there is a difference in HP but. . .the traction when using the loader is night and day different. Absobutely load the rears. We do a lot of finist mowing and did no damage after the ground dried up this spring.

Attachments

• my tractors.jpg
    my tractors.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 160
So just load the back tires, not all 4? And with me having alot of hills wouldn't all 4 filled be better?

/ New member, looking to have some questions answered. #10  
So just load the back tires, not all 4? And with me having alot of hills wouldn't all 4 filled be better?

Rear tires only is generally the standard. Some fill the fronts but many of us and some manufactures feel that is pretty hard on the front spindles.

MarkV