New member to the scut club, Deutz-Allis 5215

/ New member to the scut club, Deutz-Allis 5215 #1  

artfull dodger

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 420 garden tractor
My wife and I are starting to prepare to move to the country in the next 5 years and a bigger tractor was one of those things. We both agreed that once we do move the income to get a tractor and attachments will not exhist for several years. So...we bought this tractor last night. Runs excellent, starts easily, has a 60" mid mount but its not a quick attach. I am planning to remove it and sell it to help finance a rear 3pt mounted finish mower. We want to take our garden to the next level and I will be using the 3pt and rear pto quite a bit. This mid mount is driven from the rear pto, so its in the way. The tractor is a rebadged Hinomoto for DA. Better pics when the rain stops and I have time to clean her up even more, she is really clean and shed kept till now. I need to build a small lean to along our fence to keep her somewhat out of the weather for the next couple years. I do need to get my nice JD 318 with several attachments sold so we can cover bills in the coming months as it was a stretch to get the Deutz, but the price was to good to pass up. If anybody is looking for a nice GT, let me know. Mike and Michele T

/ New member to the scut club, Deutz-Allis 5215
Thanks, I gave her a bath tonight, need to figure out how to drop the mower deck and get it out from under, not sure its designed to be driven over by the rear tires once I release all the linkages ect. Mike

/ New member to the scut club, Deutz-Allis 5215 #4  
Thanks, I gave her a bath tonight, need to figure out how to drop the mower deck and get it out from under, not sure its designed to be driven over by the rear tires once I release all the linkages ect. Mike

Lots of those slide out the side? The front end may need to be jacked up to clear the mower.

/ New member to the scut club, Deutz-Allis 5215
I took a look it it today, looks like once the lift cables are detached from the 3pt lift arms and the drive shaft detached, detach from draft arms and mid suport linkage, drop deck wheels to lowest level so deck is on the ground, then you just back up and over it. She mowed nice today, overheated once, found debris between rad cap rubber seal and the rad, let it boil over then overheat. refilled rad, cleaned the cap seal and ran the pto for 10 min with no overheat or boil over. I have another yard to mow tomorrow, we will see how she does. I am going to bring my laser heat temp gun home so I can see how hot she is. I do plan to replace the id10t light with a proper gauge. Mike