New Owner: Max 26xl TLB Questions

/ New Owner: Max 26xl TLB Questions #1  

rdinatal

Gold Member
Tractor
Old: 2016 eMax25s HST, New: 2017 Max 26xl HST
I sold the eMax 25s a couple of month back. Waited patiently and found a great upgrade: 2017 Max 26xl TLB w/101hrs. Just got it home yesterday and still need to do a full fluid/filter change. There was no manual so my questions:

I'm not sure how many grease fittings there are on the tractor. 3, 5 10? I can find all that are on the loader and backhoe by looking at each pivot point.

HST Fluid: non-OEM recommendation?

/ New Owner: Max 26xl TLB Questions #2  
probably two grease fittings on the left front near the tire for steering knuckles, one near right front tire for steering knuckle. one on the foot clutch underneath the deck and one on the foot brake underneath the deck.
If there are others I'm not aware of them, so if someone else could chime in I would appriciate it, also.

Last edited:
   / New Owner: Max 26xl TLB Questions #3  
Hydraulic oil. I use Carquest 760-05.

It has the same specs as Mahindra oil, so I assume it is made at the same manufacturer. A Mahindra dealer also sells it in place of the Mahindra branded hydraulic oil.

/ New Owner: Max 26xl TLB Questions
probably two grease fittings on the left front near the tire for steering knuckles, one near right front tire for steering knuckle. one on the foot clutch underneath the deck and one on the foot brake underneath the deck.
If there are others I'm not aware of them, so if someone else could chime in I would appriciate it, also.
Thanks. I would have missed the pedal pivots as the eMax doesn't have them.

Nothing at the front axel pivot??

/ New Owner: Max 26xl TLB Questions #5  
Believe it has front axle fitting, also 2 buried in 3pt hitch at the end of the lift arms.

/ New Owner: Max 26xl TLB Questions
Wait, what?!?

Two filters but one hydraulic pump/sump???

Last edited:
   / New Owner: Max 26xl TLB Questions #8  
Some info that you might be interested in.
Mahindra Air filter #35460501800 crosses to a Kubota 67980-82630, Kubota filter is considerably less expensive than my dealer price.
Mahindra oil filter #MAM 0117 crosses to a NAPA Gold 1356 or Wix 51356. NAPA Gold is $7.00 less expensive.

/ New Owner: Max 26xl TLB Questions #9  
I think you can go to the Mahindra USA web site and use your serial number to download the manual.