New Post and Today's Post

/ New Post and Today's Post #1  

AllDodge

Platinum Member
Tractor
Terramite T5C, Kubota M9540HDC24, F3990, RTV1100, Cat 416C, D3B, 955L
Any way to have Only New post show only "New" ones. Appears New or Today shows the same list. Would be nice to see folks posting the newest topics instead of all new post for the day

/ New Post and Today's Post #2  
The difference is that 'Today's Posts' shows ones you've read (not in bold) while 'New Posts' does not.

If you only want to see threads started today, you might be able to use the Advanced Search option.

/ New Post and Today's Post
Thanks
That's a bummer, its a nice feature on other forums. As often as they threads get posted to, the new threads get washed down in the mix and don't get seen. I need to figure out a way to see post with less the maybe 5

Just did the 5 post or less search and it works, so guess I'll save my search

/ New Post and Today's Post #5  
This only gives me new posts when I sign in. TBN.jpg

I'm always signed in and see both, as before they look the same to me. I like to look around, but don't look at post with more then a couple pages unless I'm already in it

/ New Post and Today's Post #7  
When I come to TBN in the morning, I hit New Posts and it shows everything since the last time I was here. Can be a few hours, or a few days. I then read anything I want to, then hit Mark All Read. The next time I view TBN, I hit New Posts again, and it only shows anything new that has happened since the last time I marked everything as Read.

/ New Post and Today's Post #8  
Also, New Posts shouldn't show anything that you've read already. Today's Posts will show everything, regardless of if you've already read it or not.

Good to know, thanks

I spend most my time on some other forums, and they have "New Topics" which is nice, because you see only what's new. For me, if I haven't gotten involved in a thread at the beginning, I would rarely go to it afterwards, so not seeing it is just what I like

/ New Post and Today's Post #10  
---------------------

For me, if I haven't gotten involved in a thread at the beginning, I would rarely go to it afterwards, so not seeing it is just what I like
There are many interesting threads that began before you joined. Many of these threads get revived by new members searching for info. That is how I found TBN. The thread was started in December of 2009, it ended a month later with 9 posts. It now has 219 posts and over 125 thousand views by people that weren't involved at the beginning.

I use Today's Posts and like the way it works.