new ranger review?

OP
ArlyA

ArlyA

Elite Member
Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
As seen in the Ottawa NF today which is located in the western UP of MI. The bottom photo is a very tired dog who wants to get in. Many more photos can be had on the dogs blog.
P1090939.jpg
P1090986.jpg

Last edited:

cqaigy2

Elite Member
Tractor
PT 422
Ha ha, looking for a soft spot to lay down on. I used have a dog that loved to go on my skiing treks. I'd sky maybe 10 miles and my dog would put on at least three times that. He would zig zag across the track, just behind me and trot off thru the deep snow, up the hills then back down again. You could tell when it was time to turn around, as he would start sticking close behind and "accidentally" tread on the tail of your ski. 🙂

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3, Kubota M9000 HD, Kubota Sidekick UTE
I had this discussion at work about fuel mileage numbers at work. A co-worker was telling me that his 2019 Ram with 5.7 hemi was consistently getting 23-24 mpg according to the dash computer. Prior to the 2019 Ranger and the 2017 GMC Canyon, I had a 2014 Chevrolet silverado (5.3) and a 2011 Ford 150 (3.5 ecoboost) all quad cabs, and about 18 mpg was the consistent 13 mile commute (70 mph on the four lane) to work with some city driving tossed in. Now these are numbers based upon actual numbers between filling up at the station because the dash computer seemed to show better numbers.

My co-worker had a just over a 200 mile trip (all freeway) planned so challenged him with a friendly wager to use actual numbers and rely on the computer. He ran the trip mostly in the 70-75 mph speed and came up with just over 19 mpg when filled up. I won a 20 oz. diet coke.

I'm not getting the results you folks are. I am going to do another test next weekend on the trip to Wisconsin, this time with no trailer. I am going to compare the dash computer to the actual fill up numbers and report. If the numbers are anything above 20 mpg I will stand at the top of mountain and praise the Ford Motor Company.
Just imagine, when regular gas is 4 bucks + a gallon, every 20 miles equals 4 bucks not including maintenance.

That blows.

OP
ArlyA

ArlyA

Elite Member
Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
We're not fuel mileage anal but we are getting much better than TC is. In town seems to be 20 or greater when weather is warm enough, that we're not running it for warth..

Bearsixty7

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT240HE. JD LA145.
I had this discussion at work about fuel mileage numbers at work. A co-worker was telling me that his 2019 Ram with 5.7 hemi was consistently getting 23-24 mpg according to the dash computer. Prior to the 2019 Ranger and the 2017 GMC Canyon, I had a 2014 Chevrolet silverado (5.3) and a 2011 Ford 150 (3.5 ecoboost) all quad cabs, and about 18 mpg was the consistent 13 mile commute (70 mph on the four lane) to work with some city driving tossed in. Now these are numbers based upon actual numbers between filling up at the station because the dash computer seemed to show better numbers.

My co-worker had a just over a 200 mile trip (all freeway) planned so challenged him with a friendly wager to use actual numbers and rely on the computer. He ran the trip mostly in the 70-75 mph speed and came up with just over 19 mpg when filled up. I won a 20 oz. diet coke.

I'm not getting the results you folks are. I am going to do another test next weekend on the trip to Wisconsin, this time with no trailer. I am going to compare the dash computer to the actual fill up numbers and report. If the numbers are anything above 20 mpg I will stand at the top of mountain and praise the Ford Motor Company.
That's exactly what my experience and most other's I know has been. The dash computer reports ~10-15% better than actual. That ram was actually even worse at 20-25%!

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
Costco has Michelin wiper blades on sale. However they do not list any for the new Ford Ranger. Are the wiper blades so unique that they require some special order? The size is Driver - 26", passenger - 16".

Oaktree

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054xs
Do any of you Ranger owners do your own oil changes? How is it?
I ask because a neighbor of mine's a mechanic and he was griping the other day about what a PITA an oil change was on a customer's truck.
It's amazing how little thought automakers (and all are equally guilty of this) give to the ease of performing routine maintenance, not just oil filters but bulbs, etc. too.

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
I negotiated oil changes in the sale. So no, and I'll probably continue to take it in afterwards when I run out of coupons. The truck tells you when to change oil and so far it's about once a year.

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
Do any of you Ranger owners do your own oil changes? How is it?
I ask because a neighbor of mine's a mechanic and he was griping the other day about what a PITA an oil change was on a customer's truck.
It's amazing how little thought automakers (and all are equally guilty of this) give to the ease of performing routine maintenance, not just oil filters but bulbs, etc. too.
I think a lot of it is they are cramming 10 lbs in a 5 lb bag and maintenance takes a back seat.