new ranger review?

/ new ranger review? #591  
We live pretty boring lives here but today I went to get plumbing supplies and when I came out of the store, I had this classic parked next to me! I took a few photos and the owner showed up and we chatted for 1/2 an hour. What a nice guy and had a great chat! He was in his 80's and does all the service to his classic truck. (y) I looked under it and the frame hardly had any rust on it. :unsure:View attachment 700880View attachment 700881View attachment 700882
My BIL has one of those. Two tanks, real 1/2 pickup, engine has good power to it. Not rust, to speak of, probably because it's been pretty unusual to salt the roads. They're like those old Toyota Hilux's that you used to be able to buy, they keep running and running and running.

/ new ranger review? #592  
Do you know what year and how many miles were on it?

I saw a 1999 ranger for sale on our bulletin board. 19K miles, standard, $8,000.
It looks to be one of the early Ranger models for sure. Great vehicles. (y)

/ new ranger review?
Calling out for any new new Ranger owners here to post there thoughts 2020 or 21 models?

/ new ranger review?
Again calling out for any new new Ranger reviews. Any 2020 or 21 versions here?

/ new ranger review?
My BIL has one of those. Two tanks, real 1/2 pickup, engine has good power to it. Not rust, to speak of, probably because it's been pretty unusual to salt the roads. They're like those old Toyota Hilux's that you used to be able to buy, they keep running and running and running.
I was chatting with my body shop pro freind this week and he mentioned seeing cars from Florida rusted out. Ocean salt...

/ new ranger review? #596  
I was chatting with my body shop pro freind this week and he mentioned seeing cars from Florida rusted out. Ocean salt...
I lot of salt area vehicles get shipped elsewhere in the used car market. Or people move and bring their rust buckets. So even here where we have little rusting issues you see vehicles that are rusted out. When I bought my Toyota FJ I saw a lot of them coated up underneath trying to hide the rust. I finally found one that had been a local purchase.

/ new ranger review? #597  
TBN member in PA reports:
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
MSRP $44,290
Selling for $49,790

Checking the inventory at my Ford dealership shows no Rangers available in central Texas.
How's the inventory/market in your area? Are they selling above MSRP?

Last edited:
   / new ranger review? #598  
TBN member in PA reports:
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
MSRP $44,290
Selling for $49,790

Checking the inventory at my Ford dealership shows no Rangers available in central Texas.
How's the inventory/market in your area? Are they selling above MSRP?
My local Ford dealer has almost no inventory of Ranger or F series. The last time I drove by it looked like the few they had were used inventory.

Last edited: